Chapter 21 ~ Addi

Jeric’s POV

I was late for our dinner celebration for Jeron because I took a special examination.  My mom texted the place where they are, so when I’m done taking the exam I drive off to the said eating place. I knew my brother’s team will make it to the final four and I’m really excited for incoming championship. This is my last year to play the UAAP Basketball, so I hope for the best.

“Excuse me, Miss. Is Mrs. SusanTeng reserved room in here?”  I asked to the waitress when I enter the restaurant.

“Yes, Sir. You must be Jeric, her son?” she asks me back and I just nodded.

“This way, Sir.”

The waitress said and leads me to a private room of the restaurant and when I entered the room I was stunned for what I’ve seen. Maddison is sitting beside Jeron with her friends. Bakit andito sila? Pinaupo na din ako nila Mommy ng makita ako and I sit down beside Almira, the waiters serve the food inantay pala kasi nila ako. Kanina pa daw sila nagkkwentuhan and as far as I can see they interviewed Maddison, they were asking so many things about her but I guess until now wala silang idea kung sino talaga si Madds.  Gusto kong makita ang magiging reaksyon nila if malaman nila.

“Wait up.” Almira stopped us of getting foods and asked the waiter to take a picture of us.  Everyone smiled to the camera and from my peripheral vision I saw Jeron put his arm around Maddison’s shoulder, she just chuckled to Jeron and look to the camera.  “Ouch.”  I thought.

We were eating when my phone vibrates, I check it and it’s a notification from twitter and instagram.

“Finally, our Shoti’s already in final four… Yes! Dinner celebration with family and guess what guys, who’s the girl next to Jeron? Hehe. @jeronteng soon to be girlfriend. @jericteng @alyshteng #Proud http://instagram.com/p/jHCI0mHJMG_/

I read it to my mind and I felt something heavy in my chest, I know I have no rights to be hurt but I can’t help it. I regret the day that I told my feelings toward her, iniiwasan niya na ako after mangyari iyon.

“Ano naman hija ang status ng anak namin sayo?” Mom impishly asked Maddison and her face automatically flushed.

“Ahh- Ma’am. Anong status po?”  she shyly said.  When it comes on our lovelife, mom always support us.

“I mean. Kailan mo naman sasagutin ang Jeron namin?” I almost choke when I heard what mom’s asked to Maddison.

“Ahia, are you okay?” I nods and Almira handed me the tissue. 

“Mommy naman! Let’s not talk about that here, okay?” Jeron protested.  

“No. no, shoti! We must talk about it now! You two look good together. Diba  Mommy?” Kilig na kilig naman na sabi ni Almira. Nanatili namang tahimik si Maddison and I saw her eyed her friends as if she’s asking for some help.

“Nagka-kamali-”

“I’m just planning to ask Maddison  if I can court her but you guys..grrrghh.. I don’t know.” Jeron seriously said as he interrupted Madds. He faced Maddison na nakakatulala na ngaun, my mom and sisters are controlling their giggles.