Chapter 22 ~ Intertwined

It was sunny day when a little girl decided leave their house and went to the nearest park in their village all by herself. She was enjoying herself on the swing when something gets her attention; a poor cat was trapped on a tree. Her foot routinely led her toward the tree, she was eyeing around so that she could get some help but unfortunately there’s no one.

“Please stop crying. I’m gonna get you there.” She nervously said to the cat.

She was taking her second step on the tree when a little boy interrupted her. “Addison what are you doing?” The boy pulls and faced her with an angry face putting his hands on her shoulder. She looked straight into the eyes of her best friend.

“Tita and Tito are looking for you. Why did you left your house alone? Where’s your nanny?” The boy scolded. He was just concerned for his best friend because she left the house with no words and no one knows. The girl just keeps her mouth off, every time her best friend like this she was afraid. She don’t wanna have an argument with him.

“Yaya Mina is sleeping. I did not bother to wake her up.” She griped and took the boy’s hand off her. The real reason is, she wanted to be alone that’s why she didn’t wake up her nanny.

“Why did you not ask me, anyway? You’re so hard-headed!” the boy threw a deadly look toward her. She was stunned, maybe he was just too scared when she left the house all alone.

 “To-toy” her voice cracked because her eyes are started watering. “Don’t be mad at me, okay?” she looked away so that he will not see her tears and wiped it instantly.

“Sorry. I’m just bothered and thought that it would be unsafe for you to stay outside alone. Hush now.” He hugged her tight. The little girl hug him back.

“Okay. Promise, I will never do it again.” She said between her sobs.

“Tsk. I already heard it before. Just do it.” He gave her a warmth smile and they both laughed. They really love each other.

“Oh! I almost forgot. The kitten needs our help, she was stuck there. Please help the kitten, Totoy.” She pleaded with matching puppy eyes.

“Do I have a choice?” he said and started climbing. The little girl was just cheering him until he…

*Tok tok*

“Anak! Tanghali na! Breakfast is ready!”

“Open this door, Maddison!” I heard my mom knocking and from her voice I can say that she’s already perturbing. Wait… is that a dream? He’s hunting me again. My bestfriend. Totoy.

“Jane, anak! Is everything there okay?” I sat down and rest my head in the headboard of my bed.

That dream real happened when I was a kid. But why does his face blurred in my vision? I closed my eyes and trying to remember his face but… wala talaga mahirap talaga alalahanin ang feature ng mukha niya kasi that was long ago. I gently turn around and stared for a moment into the picture frame that was in the side table of my bed, the only picture I have. Two little kid grinning furiously, that was taken when we both had our punishment because we bump into a fight against the bullies in our school. Ano na kaya itsura niya ngaun? Tumaba na kaya siya, sobrang patpatin kasi siya. Magkikita pa kaya kami ulit?

I embraced my knees and let a heavy sighed. Yes. Totoy is my bestfriend before but when I came back he’s gone. Sabi nila Mama at Papa his family migrated abroad at walang silang balita tungkol dun. I doubt it, Mama and his Mommy used to be bestfriends too even our fathers.