Why?

WILL POV

Nico was unconscious, Will could tell. 

He tried to move himself near the small, unconscious boy, but his own body ached. Also, Octavian was still looming overhead, a wicked sneer on his face. 

"You gays are the poison of  humanity," Octavian taunted. "It's unnatural, disgusting, not normal."

"You," Will spat, "Are the poison of humanity."

"No no no, I'm simply cleansing the world of YOU." Octavian kicked Will in the stomach, Will groaned. "You fags." 

"What do you care if we like guys?!" Will attempted to sit up but Octavian launched another kick his way. 

"Because it's unnatural and disgusting."

"Well I find you disgusting and your habit of beating people up, unnatural."

"Your fag opinion doesn't count."

Will finally got up, his fists clenched. Octavian smirked and his fist sailed into Will's eye. 

Will was starting to feel lightheaded, he staggered back into the locker and fell to his knees. His vision blurred. 

He scootched next to Nico as Octavian walked off, brushing his hands together and laughing softly. 

"W-will?" Will looked up, Nico was sitting up, shaking softly. 

"Nico, don't sit up, you're  hurt." Will gently put an arm around Nico. To his surprise, Nico didn't recoil. "You could have a broken rib, or a fractured wrist, or a bruised muscle or, or..." Will got cut off by Nico moving closer.

"Will," he said, moving his face next to Will's. Will immediately felt his face heat up. "You talk too much." Nico silenced Will by pressing his lips softly onto Will's. Will pulled back at first, surprised, but then put his hands on Nico's neck and deepened the kiss. After a few seconds that seemed like hours, Nico pulled away. 

Will knew his face was redder than a fire truck, and he could see Nico blushing as well. 

Will put his arms around Nico, "I'm gonna protect you, Nico." 

AN: this is not the end, this is pretty much just the beginning XD