Let's come clean

An: I'm really sorry for going on hiatus for so long, I kinda hit a creative block, but I'm determined to continue this fic! Don't own the characters. Kind of a sensitive topic, self harm is mentioned DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SENSITIVE TO THESE TOPICS

Nico POV

Will deserved the truth. But to be honest, Nico didn't even know if he had the whole truth himself. But here he found himself, in a black sweater, walking to Will's friends house for a Christmas party, and the boy in the green sweater  walking next to him had no idea who he was.

"Will?" Nico asked quietly to the boy walking next to him.

Will looked up, "Yes?"

"Remember, the incident, when you told me you'd protect me?"

Will nodded.

"Would you still stay with me if I told you that I'm not really who I seem to be."

Will put on his sympathy face, "Neeks of course, I don't care what you do as long as you're still my Nico Di-Angelo."

"Fine, I have clinical depression. I got it around the time when my sister died. When my mom died I was too young to be sad, but when she died I fell apart. I had to go live with my dad, who sent me to a therapist. He didn't even talk to me the first month I was in America! He didn't bother to even be home! I'm his son and he couldn't even make time to say hello." Nico stopped walking, fists clenched at his sides. "The depression got worse, it was hard to even get out of bed in the morning. I hated myself for being too emotional, I hated my dad for being so uninvolved. I had to take my anger out on something, and..." Nico pulled his sleeve up and turned over his wrist.

The scars had started to fade but they were still very visible. Nico was positive that Will would hate him, but he barley had enough time to talk before Will pulled him into a hug. 

"Nico, Nico," he sighed, "I would never stop being with you because of that." Nico flinched at the contact of Will's long arms around his own small figure. 

"But Will, ever since I met you, something's changed, I can get up easy, I don't cry myself to sleep, my nightmares are fading." Nico managed a smile."But my dad doesn't see the change, and he's got this crazy idea for therapy."

"Why don't you just tell him?" Will's arms tightened.

"Because he can't know that I like boys, he already hates me." Nico sniffed, unable to hold back tears. "That's why I can't tell him that you're the only one that makes me happy."

"Nico, what is your dad planning to do?"

"H-he." Nico could barely bring himself to say it. "He want to send me away. To Italy, he thinks that if I go back to where I used to live, I'll get better."

"Y-you're  going to leave?" 

Nico nodded. 

Will'S voice wavered. Nico winced, he knew Will wouldn't take it well. "But we just got together. I can help you here!"

"I know," Nico said, burying himself in Will's shoulder. "But maybe it's for the better, that I'm moving away before we get serious, then we could just drift apart naturally."

"No!" Will raised his voice, "I said I'd protect you and that includes when you're in Italy!"

Nico cried and hugged Will tighter. "I'm leaving after New Years." 

"So soon?"

"Yes." Nico let go of Will and rubbed at his eyes.

"Where are you guys going in Italy."

"I'm the only one going, Hazel and my dad are staying here. He's sending me to a boarding school near Rome."

"All alone?"

Nico nodded, and then, eager to change the subject, announced, "Well, we aren't going to get to Lou Ellen's house if we just stand here."

Will smiled and the two of them continued walking.

An: sorry again that this is so late! It took a while to get this part down, hope y'all like it. ALSO OML I NEVER THOUGHT MY WORK WOULD MAKE IT TO 5K!!! Thank you all for your support and comments!!