Chapter 3: I Always Come Back

When I entered the building to the museum, I could tell immediately that there was something wrong with the airflow. The building was definitely old, as it had a musty smell of a building that hadn't been touched in years. The lighting reminded me of my night shifts at the restaurant, so it wasn't anything I wasn't used to.

"Hello." I heard the voice of a little kid as I walked into the room closest to the entry.

"A child?" I muttered, and looked around to no avail.

I had no idea where this security office was, but I was sure that it was where Uncle went to address the guard's issue so I tried to find it.

About halfway down a long hallway with kids' drawings decorating the wall, I heard heavy footsteps. The last time I had heard such footsteps was...

I was almost afraid to turn around. It was probably nothing I couldn't take on, but rather, I didn't know if I could handle it emotionally if it was who I thought it was.

"...Freddy?" I asked and I couldn't help but smile as I turned to him.

"Guess again.." he sang in a way that gave me the chills. I had heard his voice before, for sure.

It was dark where he was, down the hall. I just waited for him to take a few more steps towards me.

"....No." I looked at the torn up golden bunny with wide eyes and backed up a little. "No, no, no, no.." Something told me to turn and run, but I couldn't.

"There you are, I have been looking for you." He greeted me like I was his lost friend and reached for me as he once again took his heavy steps towards me.

"Stay back!" I yelled, taking a judo stance; feet apart, arms raised, ready to tackle this animatronic mess of stank to the ground!

"After all these years, there you are. I knew I'd find you here."

He still had that grin. The same grin that haunted me for years.

"(Y/N)!" I heard Uncle's voice behind me followed by some gunshots. "Good god. There really WAS something here! (Y/N)! In here!"

I turned around and ran to uncle, who was in the security office. I wasn't that far off after all.

In the security room, there was Uncle and the newly hired guard, along with a few handguns on the desk. Uncle had probably brought them after hearing the night guard freak out.

"You saw that right?! I'm not dreaming??" The night guard asked you, panicking.

"That was..." I started.. "Uncle...? Do you remember that one from 6 years ago? The golden one."

"I wouldn't ever forget." Uncle replied. The look on his face suggested that he was recalling the memory.

"...you never told me what you did with him." I stated.

"Well, now that it's obvious, there is something I need to tell you when we get home."

"Save it. " It was safe to say, I was pissed. Something happened with Vincent all those years and Uncle didn't tell me. I felt so betrayed. I grabbed one of the handguns on the desk and cocked it. "I will be taking on the nightshift until further notice."

"You can't kill him..." Uncle stated, trying not to reveal too much about it to the night guard.

"He has to go. My friends will not rest if he still walks." I ran back into the hallway but the yellow bunny was gone. In his place though, I saw what seemed to be a short, fat little robot kid. He was dirty, completely covered in mud or something. I just stared at him for a second before leaped at me.