Chapter 12: Rest Now

It was only a matter of time. I tried to enjoy the time left with my friends and Sai, while being grateful that I was granted a second chance to be with them. But now, it was real. Now, I would really never see them again.

"Guys, can we have a party, like we did last time?" I smiled. They all just looked at me.

"We don't need a party this time.." Sai explained. "We may not be able to rest."

"What do you mean?" I asked, shooting to my feet and backing away from everyone.

"We know you are trying, (Y/N)...but do you remember what Marty told you? Springtrap will not die until you are dead. We think... the fire is not enough to make him move on." Clara explained.

"So what do we do then??" I began to freak out a little.

"Your Uncle and Marty will stay there until the fire dies. When they return here they will inform us that they can't find Springtrap's body. That's a given." Felix said, crossing his arms.

I began to get a little frustrated. Even they thought that Springtrap would chase me and try to kill me till I'm old. Yet, none of them told me what I should have done. I felt almost like they didn't care.

I sat in silence and waited for uncle to get home. It was a tough time, and even though I was an independent adult now, I always turned to him when I needed advice, and he always came through for me.

*********

When Uncle finally got home with Marty, I immediately ran to embrace him. I cried so much.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" He asked.

"You didn't find him, did you?" I asked, and sobbed into his shirt.

"Unfortunately not. Our plan was fool proof. I don't know how the hell he got out. But don't worry. I will not let him come for you."

Even if uncle couldn't keep me safe, really that's what I wanted to hear. Now, I felt like I wasn't alone.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N).." Marty grabbed my hand and held it close to his face. "I really thought that this would work. But..he wants you dead more than anything. Even the pain of being burned alive wouldn't stop him."

"It isn't your fault, Marty..." I hugged him. "But what happens now?"

"Well I, for one, refuse to leave while he still walks this earth." Gordon raised his hand.

"That's what we wanted to talk to you about, (Y/N)." Sai smiled. "I know, that it is alot to ask. But, could we stay here with you?"

It took me a moment to process what he had just asked me. As I stood there in a daze, they all looked at me with smiles on their faces awaiting my answer.

"...what?" Was all I could say. I was thinking that I hadn't heard him right.

"We can't just go and leave you here to face Springtrap alone..."Felix said.

"And we cannot leave when he is still here." Ben said "so....will you let us stay?"

I thought about it. But as much as I loved them, I had to tell them what really meant the most to me.

"I love you all. And to tell you the truth, nothing would make me happier than to have you near me every day." I turned away. "But...that is so selfish of me. You have to rest. Sooner or later...you need to. It isn't fair to have you stay to protect me."
My eyes built up with tears. I couldn't hold it back anymore.

"Please don't cry, (Y/N)..." Clara held my hand.

"What if we told you that staying is what we wanted?" Felix asked. My gaze shifted to him. "We don't want to be at peace, we CAN'T be at peace knowing you are still in danger."

I didn't really know how to answer that.

"So please,(Y/N) can we stay with you?" Clara asked again.

I didn't even hesitate that time.

"Of course!" I hugged her, and everyone joined in on a group hug. I felt a huge burden lifted off my shoulders.

"We will always protect you, (Y/N)..." Sai looked in my eyes as he inched his lips closer.

Suddenly, uncle pulled on his collar and yanked him away from me. 

"Whoops. Hand slipped." He grinned. "So, we have an extra room, you are all welcome to stay. Clara, you will be in (Y/N)'s room boys, you will be in the guest room. Sai... you're going to bunk with me. So I can keep an eye on you."
He meant well, but I thought it would make Sai afraid to get close to me.