IMAGINE: Draco asking you to the Yule Ball

You rest against the balcony of the bridge outside of Hogwarts, watching the winter sunset.

     "It's beautiful, isn't it?" A voice says from behind you.

     You turn quickly and immediately take a step back, your back against the balcony. "What do you want, Draco?" You ask, narrowing your eyes.

     "Nothing. I just came here to watch the sunset and you were already here." He answers, walking up to you. He leans against the stone and watches the sun.

     "Somehow, I can't really picture you ever coming up here to watch the sun set." You mutter, turning your head to watch the sun.

      "Oh, I do... sometimes..." Draco admits.

     "What, like, once every ten years?" You scoff.

      He smiles at you. "Yeah, maybe." He laughs softly.

     You regard him with suspicious eyes. "Wow, Draco, I never thought you could actually carry on a conversation without being a complete jerk." You state.

     Draco rolls his eyes. "Yeah, well, you don't really know me that well, Y/N." He says.

     Your eyebrows shoot up. "Don't I?" You question.

     He shakes his head. "Not at all." He responds, staring at you.

     "Hmm." You murmur, looking away from him. "So if you didn't come up here to watch the sunset, what are you doing here then?" You ask.

     Draco turns to face you and fidgets nervously. He swallows. "Y/N, I wanted to ask you to the Yule Ball." He states.

     Your jaw drops. "What?!" You gasp.

     Draco nods, smiling. "Yes, I wanted to ask you." He says softly. He looks away suddenly, flushing. "I-I-I mean assuming that you're going and no one has asked you yet." He coughs.

     You frown. "No, no one has asked me yet." You answer.

     Draco glances at you. "So then will you go with me?" He asks. You bite your lip. "Please." He begs.

     "Are you just asking me to go with you and then if I say yes, you'll just abandon me at the ball and humiliate me?" You ask.

     "No!" Draco exclaims. "Please, Y/N, I promise I really want to go to the ball with you." He says genuinely, his hand on your shoulder.

     You sigh and nod. "Okay, fine." You say. You look him in the eyes and smile a little. "Draco, I will go to the ball with you." You answer.

     A grin splits across Draco's mouth. "Thank you." He breathes.

     Suddenly, you grab him by the crook of his elbow and pull him close to you. You stare up into his eyes as he looks down at you. "Just know that if this is some ploy, you will regret ever asking me to the ball." You threaten lowly.

     Draco smirks. "Don't worry, Y/N, if anyone is going to be regretting anything, it'll be you regretting saying yes to me." He states. Your eyebrows draw and he softly caresses your cheek with his fingers.

     "You have no idea how charming I can be. Who knows? You might just fall in love with me before the ball is over." He whispers. "See you around, Y/N." He says before stepping away from you.

     You watch as Draco walks across the bridge and after he's out of sight, your breath leaves you in a rush. Your eyes wide, you look back at the sun that's now just about to set.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!