IMAGINE: Draco avoiding you after the Battle of Hogwarts

| IMAGINE for @alexshurley21 |

     "Y/N, you need to hide." Draco whispers to you, pulling you into a room at Hogwarts.

      "No, I need to fight. All my friends are out there fighting. I need to help them." You say, starting to move.

      Draco thrusts his arm out, stopping you. "Y/N, there are people out there that want to kill you. If our paths cross, they'll expect me to kill you. And I won't." He whispers, his face close to yours. You look at the man you've grown to love, and who loves you in return.

      "I don't want to fight you." You whisper.

     "That's why you need to stay hidden." He says softly, touching his fingers to your cheek. "Promise me, please. I can't lose you." He murmurs. You stare at him, biting your lip. "Please, Y/N." Draco begs.

     "I'll try to stay hidden, Draco. But I can't make you any promises." You whisper.

     He sighs and nods. "I understand. Be careful." He warns.

     You give him a smile. "Aren't I always careful?" You ask.

     Draco grins at you and places a soft kiss on your lips. "I'll see you after the battle." He whispers, before running out of the room.

---

     You steer clear of the heart of the Battle of Hogwarts all day. But you don't stay hidden. You fight in small battles of your own and you've won all of them. Thankfully you haven't run into Draco.

     Voldemort has called for a one-hour armistice and you're taking this time to look for Harry. You haven't seen your twin brother lately, which is worrying you.

    You turn down a hall and then run straight into your brother, who's coming out of the Head Master's office. "Harry!" You exclaim with relief, throwing your arms around him. "I was so worried about you." You whisper. You pull back and look at him. He looks pale. "Harry, what's wrong?" You ask worriedly.

      He shakes his head. "Nothing." He whispers, his voice hollow.

      Your eyebrows draw. "You can't lie to me, Harry. I know something is wrong." You say.

      "It doesn't matter." He mumbles. Harry takes a deep breath and looks into your eyes. He hugs you tightly. "Promise me you will be happy, Y/N. Promise me you will enjoy your life." He whispers against your neck.

     "Harry." You state, trying to pull away from him.

     He holds you tightly. "Please, just promise me. I need to hear it." He whispers.

     "I promise." You whisper back.

     "I love you so much, Y/N." He says.

     "I love you too." You sigh. Suddenly Harry pulls away from you and turns away. He sniffs and wipes his face.

     "Are you crying?" You ask, a little panicked.

     "I'm fine." Harry laughs. He sniffs again. "I love you." He whispers again, before running off.

      "Harry!" You exclaim. He keeps on running.

---

     "Harry Potter is dead!" You hear Voldemort screaming. You skid to a halt, your heart nearly stopping. You freeze, your body numb. "Harry Potter is dead!" Voldemort shouts.

    "No." You gasp in horror, before running to the nearest exit. You bound down the stairs, tears blinding your vision. You run outside and see Hagrid carrying Harry's dead body in his arms. Voldemort stands in the middle of the courtyard, Death Eaters in the background. Draco stands off to the side, his face conveying shock. Once he sees you, his eyes widen.