IMAGINE: Draco making a promise to you

You silently open up your bedroom door at Hogwarts and look around for any Death Eaters. It's the Battle of Hogwarts and Death Eaters are everywhere. You inwardly sigh. You're a Malfoy. Your whole family, including your twin brother Draco, are all Death Eaters. Except you. You're the odd one out.

       You close the door and quietly run down the hall, your feet barely touching the floor. You need to find Draco, and also your best friends, Harry, Ron, and Hermoine. Your shoes lightly tap on the floor and your breath is coming faster and faster as you run. You turn a hall and run right into someone. You stumble backwards and look up.

     "Draco!" You exclaim with relief.

     "Y/N." Draco breathes, paling. He cautiously looks around and then grabs your hand, pulling you into the nearest room.

     "What are you doing?" You ask as he shuts the door.

     He turns to face you. "I'm expected to kill you if our paths cross, Y/N." He answers gravelly.

     You take a step away, your eyebrows furrowing. "But...you're not going to, are you?" You ask in a whisper.

     "Of course I'm not going to." He scoffs. He puts his hand on your shoulder. "You're my best friend and my twin sister. I would never do anything to harm you." He says softly. You smile at him. "But I need you to stay away from me and the other Death Eaters, okay?"

     "What happens if I run into mother and father?" You ask.

     Draco stares at you seriously. "I don't know." He admits. He squeezes your shoulder. "Please, Y/N. There is no one else in this world that I care about as much as you. I need you to stay away from all those people out there."

     You nod. "I will, I will."

     "Do you understand?" He asks.

     "Yes, Draco, I understand." You laugh softly. Your eyes widen slightly as tears fill his eyes. "Draco." You sigh. You wrap your arms around him. "I promise I'll be careful. But you have to promise me that you'll be careful too." You say, resting your head on his chest.

      Draco sniffs and kisses your head. "Yeah, I'll try." He murmurs. He pulls away and smiles at you. "I'll see you later." He whispers, before leaving.

     You wait a few minutes before creaking the door open. You look around and breathe a sigh of relief when you don't see anyone. You dash down the hall, occasionally looking back to make sure no one is following you. You pull up to a stop when you see Harry walking towards you, his face ashen, his eyes hollow. Your eyebrows furrow with worry. He doesn't even look up at you.

     "Harry?" You ask. He glances up at you and you run to him. You grab his shoulders and he finally meets your eyes. "What is it? What's happened?" You ask worriedly.

     "Nothing." He answers, his face expressionless. You stare at him, your worry mounting.

     Harry smiles weakly at you and lightly touches your arm. "Hey, I'll talk to you later. I have to take care of something."

      You nod and hug him tightly. "Be careful." You whisper.

     He hugs you back. "You too." He sighs, before pulling back. You watch him as he walks away.

---

     "Harry Potter is dead!" You hear Voldemort scream from outside.

     You feel as if the wind is knocked from you. "No." You gasp and run outside. You stop in your tracks when you see Harry's dead body in Hagrid's arms. You put your hands over your mouth, your tear filled eyes wide in horror. You shake your head, not wanting to believe it. You walk closer and stand beside Ron and Hermoine. You put your hand on Hermoine's shoulder and she sniffs, her head bowed.

     Suddenly, Draco walks over and stands beside you, his hand clasped around yours. He squeezes it comfortingly. "Y/N, Draco, come here!" Narcissa Malfoy, your mother, calls. "Stand beside your father and me. Stand alongside the Death Eaters—lord Voldemort's army." She says.

      Draco leans down. "Don't go to her, Y/N. You're better than that." He whispers in your ear. You look up at him through the tears flooding your vision. He gives you the barest of smiles and then walks off to your mother.

      Once Draco is beside your mother, your mother looks at you. "Y/N, come here now." She commands.

     Draco slightly shakes his head at you. "I'll come back for you." He mouths.

     "Y/N!" Your mother exclaims. You stay where you are, refusing to join Voldemort's army.

     Voldemort looks at you. "You're a Malfoy, but you don't act like one." He taunts. He narrows his eyes at you and withdraws his wand. "Or maybe...maybe you're just a coward." He hisses, pointing the wand at you. Your eyes widen and you softly gasp.

     "Expelliarmus!" Your mother screams, pointing her wand at Voldemort. His wand goes flying.

     "That won't be necessary. You don't need to discipline my child. I will deal with her later." Your mother says to Voldemort. She looks at you, her eyes full of disappointment. You frown and look to the ground.

---

     It's been several weeks since the Battle of Hogwarts ended. Many changes have occurred. Harry is actually alive and he ended up defeating Voldemort. Hogwarts is on the mend after being ravaged from the battle. Because of your difference from the Malfoy family, you were resorted into Gryffindor.

      One morning you walk to the main hall with Harry, Ron, and Hermoine. "Have-have any of you heard from Draco?" You ask hopefully. The three of them share at look.

      "Uh, I haven't. Sorry, Y/N." Hermoine winces.

     "Me neither." Ron murmurs. You frown, your shoulders dropping. You miss Draco so much.

     "He said he would come back for you, Y/N, And I believe he will." Harry states, looking at you.

      You look at him in surprise. "How do you know he said he'd come back for me?"

     "I heard him whisper it to you." He answers.

      "He'll come back, Y/N." Hermoine says. You nod.

      "Uhhh, actually, I think he already has." Ron states. The three of you look at him.

      "What?" You ask. Ron points behind you. You turn around and see Draco standing there, smiling at you.

      "Draco!" You yell excitedly. You run to him and throw your arms around him.

      He hugs you tightly. "Hey, Y/N." He laughs softly.

      "You're back, you're back." You whisper.

      "I've missed you so much." You say, squeezing him tighter.

      Draco looks down at you, smiling. "I had too. I told you I'd come back for you. I promised."

       "Don't ever leave me again." You tell him.

      He kisses your forehead. "I won't. I promise." He whispers.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!