IMAGINE: Falling in love with Draco

You sit at the Yule Ball, talking with Hermione Granger. "Uh-oh." She breathes, looking past your head.

"What is it?" You ask.

"Don't look now but Draco is walking over here." She answers.

"Well maybe he's going to ask you to dance." You throw in.

Hermione cuts a look to you. "Y/N, he's been eyeing you all night long. Now that the ball is nearly over, he probably wants to ask you before it's too late." She whispers. You sigh.

"You don't have to say yes to him." Hermione states.

"I know, but if I don't, he'll never let me live it down." You mutter. Draco stands next to your chair and you look up at him.

"Hello, Draco." You say.

He swallows. "Y/N, would you like to dance this last dance with me?" He asks.

You give him a polite smile. "Okay." You answer.

His breath leaves him in a rush and he smiles at you. "Great." He says, grabbing your hand and pulling you up. He all but drags you on to the dance floor. Hermione glances at you helplessly.

As Draco swings you around the dance floor, he won't stop staring at you. "Y/N, I must say that you look exceptionally beautiful this evening." He says.

You smile at him. "Thank you." You reply. He twirls you away from him and then pulls you really close to him.

"You dance surprisingly well, Draco." You comment.

He smiles at you. "You think so?" He asks, which makes you nod.

"Yeah. I'm kind of taken back. I didn't think you'd have time for practicing dancing." You say.

"Well, what else would I be doing with my free time?" Draco asks.

You shrug. "I don't know, what you do when you're busy—pick on our classmates?" You suggest.

He cocks his head and looks at you. "I don't always pick on people, Y/N. I do do some nice things." He replies.

"Forgive me if I'm never there to see them." You respond dryly.

He looks away. "I am trying to be better..." He admits. Your eyes narrow at him suspiciously. Draco looks up at you again. "There's not really a reward for being mean to people. I don't know why I ever thought there was." He says.

You genuinely smile at him. "Now you're using your brain, Malfoy." You laugh, flicking his head. He laughs with you, his eyes twinkling. Your breath is stolen from your throat and you look away.

After the song is over, Draco leads you back to Hermione. "Thank you for dancing with me." He says.

You smile shyly at him. "Thank you for asking with me." You reply, before he walks off.

"You seemed oddly comfortable with him." Hermione whispers to you as you watch Draco walk away. "What happened?" She asks.

"I don't know." You sigh, slightly confused.

---

You walk the halls of Hogwarts that night, unable to sleep because you can't stop thinking about Draco.

"What's wrong with me?" You whisper to yourself, slowly shaking your head. You stop by a window and look outside. The moon is shining brightly, illuminating everything.

"What are you doing up so late, Y/N?" Draco asks from behind you. Your shoulders drop. Just the person you don't want to see right now.

"I guess I should ask the same of you." You answer, turning around to face him.

"I couldn't sleep." Draco replies, walking out of the shadows and into the moonlight. You swallow, thinking of how handsome he looks. You silently berate yourself for thinking such thoughts about him—especially since you didn't like him 12 hours ago.

"I couldn't sleep either." You state, turning to look back out the window. Draco stands next to you and looks out as well. You don't look at him but you can tell he keeps glancing at you.

"So..." He breathes.

"So..." You murmur.

"Y/N, I need to say something." He states.

The seriousness in his voice makes you turn and look at him. "Yes?" You urge, your heart skipping a few beats. Draco stares at you, his jaw clenched. A long moment passes as he and you just stare at each other.

Draco suddenly cups your face and kisses you. You gasp in surprise. You start to pull away but then stop. Your eyes flutter closed and, sure enough, you kiss him back.

A minute goes by and then Draco pulls back, breathing heavily. You both look dazed. He sighs and blinks.

"Goodnight, Y/N." He says, before turning on his heel and running off to his room. You stare after him and then look back out the window, smiling.

---

Draco avoids you for the next week. Every single time you run into each other, he mumbles something that sounds like a greeting and then quickly walks off. If you thought you were confused last week, now you're totally bewildered.

Exactly a week after Draco kissed you, you're walking down the halls at nighttime, unable to sleep again. You're about to go back to that same window, but stop when you see Draco there, staring outside.

You take a deep breath. "What are you doing up so late, Draco?" You ask.

He turns around. "I guess I should ask the same of you." He replies, a hint of a smile on his face.

"I couldn't sleep." You admit.

"Me too." Draco replies as you walk up to him.

"You've been avoiding me." You state.

He nods and looks out the window. "It felt too weird to confront you after we... you know, after we kissed." He says, blushing.

"It didn't feel weird to me. I was hoping you'd confront me." You respond.

He peers at you and sighs. "I know, I'm sorry." He replies.

"It's okay. Anyways, that time gave me enough courage." You claim.

Draco's eyebrows draw quizzically.
"Enough courage for what?" He questions.

"For this." You say, before pulling him close to you and kissing him. Draco sighs and he wraps his arms around your waist, kissing you back with fervency. You end the kiss a couple of minutes later and then lay your head on his chest. Draco rests his head on yours, smiling.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!