IMAGINE: Draco changing sides at the Battle of Hogwarts

You hide in your bedroom with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. "I can't believe Draco's done this..." You whisper, fazed. Hermione frowns and puts a comforting hand on your shoulder as cries sound from outside the room.

     "I truly thought he changed. Or maybe I wanted to believe that..." You murmur, your voice cracking. Tears burn in your eyes and you rapidly blink them away.

      "I hate Draco so much right now, Y/N, but there's one thing I know for sure: He did love you. He was in love with you. Anyone could see it." Ron remarks. You nod, your heart breaking a little more.

     "I think maybe that's why he chose the wrong side, Y/N. I think he was scared that you were going to drag him on to our side." Harry says. Hermione and Ron nod their agreement and you sniff, tears splattering down your cheeks.

     The door to your room opens slightly and all four of your stand, your wands outstretched. Draco peeks his head around the door.

     "Stop!" You exclaim to Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

       Draco looks at you and breathes a sigh of relief. He walks in the room and shuts the door behind him. "We don't have much time." He says, lightly jogging over to you.

     "Draco, what are you doing?" You ask.

     Draco looks at you and takes your hand. "I'm doing something I should have done long ago. I'm choosing the right side." He answers, before taking your face in his hands and kissing you passionately.

     Harry, Ron, and Hermione stand awkwardly off to the side. Ron coughs making Draco and you part.

     "What?" You sigh, blinking repeatedly.

     Draco wraps an arm around your waist and turns you so that you face your friends. "As I said we don't have much time. Gregory and Vincent are searching through the castle looking for Harry. We have to get out of here quickly." He says.

      "Why are you helping us?" Harry asks, narrowing his eyes.

      "Is this a trap?" Hermione questions suspiciously.

      "No, no, no!" Draco exclaims genuinely.

     "Then why did you switch sides?" Ron asks.

     Draco turns his head to look at you, a loving smile on his face. "Someone I love with all my heart once told me that if you're not sure where you're meant to go, go to where your heart is." He says. "And this is where my heart is." He whispers, his eyes staring deeply into yours. You smile up at him, glowing.

     "But what about your parents? What about Voldemort?" Harry asks, breaking the moment.

     Draco sighs and looks back to him. He shrugs lightly. "I don't know. But I'm planning to do whatever it takes to make sure they don't win." He states. "I'm so sorry for all the trouble I caused every single one of you. I truly am. Will you please forgive me? Can we start over and be friends this time around?" Draco asks.

     Harry, Ron, and Hermione all glance at each other. A moment of telepathy passes between them and they nod. You hold your breath.

     "We forgive you, Draco." Harry says, outstretching his hand. A smile splits across Draco's face and your breath leaves you in a rush. The two men clasps arms, and Ron and Hermione smile.

     Draco looks down at you and winks. You smile and blush, squeezing his hand a little tighter.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!