IMAGINE: Meeting Draco

"How do you feel about this?" You ask your one classmates as you're in Defence Against Dark Arts class one afternoon.

He shrugs. "It's kind of exciting." He admits.

"Yeah, but we're practicing Dark Art on our classmates." You explain.

"So? We're also learning how to defend ourselves from it. It's great!" He says.

"I guess so..." You mutter, your eyebrows drawn.

You look at one side of the room where students, who're holding their wands, are preparing to practice the Dark Arts on the students at the other side of the room who're preparing to defend themselves. You're on the practicing side.

You frown. "This isn't going to end well." You whisper under your breath.

As soon as that sentence leaves your mouth, you're suddenly flying backwards. You scream as you're slammed against a wall. You gasp, your breath stolen from you.

"What is going on?!" Amycus Carrow exclaims.

Everyone in the room is staring at you, their jaws dropped, their eyes wide, as you're up against the wall, four feet above the ground.

"Who did this?" Amycus growls. Someone from the defensive side starts giggling and then laughing. The students turn and back away to reveal a handsome guy about your age, laughing.

"Draco." Amycus hisses.

"I'm sorry!" Draco exclaims, trying to control his laughter.

"We haven't even started the class yet!" Amycus snaps.

"I'm sorry! I was just eager to try it out." Draco wheezes out. "It's really not my fault though. Her defenses weren't up... But they should've been—" He stops talking when he sees Amycus's sharp look.

"It would be appreciated if you'd let me down." You grit out.

Draco straightens and sobers immediately. "Right. Sorry." He says softly.

As Draco says a spell to remove you from the wall, the students turn away and continue to talk amongst each other.

Draco catches you as you fall to the ground. "Thank you." You say.

"I'm Draco." He states.

"Y/N." You answer.

"I'm really sorry about that—pushing you against the wall." Draco says. "But you really should've been on the defensive." He throws in, smirking.

You roll your eyes. "First of all, I'm not on the defensive today. And second, the class doesn't even start for another five minutes. You were cheating." You state.

"Comes with being a Malfoy." He replies arrogantly.

"I've heard a lot about you, Draco." You admit.

"Oh, yeah?" He asks, smiling.

You nod. "Yeah. You're a jerk." You say bluntly. The smile disappears off of his face and you smile sweetly, patting his shoulder.

"I'll try not to hurt you too much, Draco. But after all, I can't really go easy on you, can I?" You say, before walking off, smirking. He stares after you, his jaw agape.

---

     You softly close your bedroom door behind you. You re-adjust the school books in your arms, before walking down the empty hall.

     "Well, well, well, look who it is." A voice says from behind you, his words echoing off the walls.

     You stop walking. You're unable to stop the evil smile that plays against your mouth. "Draco." You say, turning around to face him. He hobbles out from the shadows and you bow your head, hiding your smirk.

     It's been a couple of days since you first met Draco in the Defence Against the Dark Arts Class. You didn't exactly go easy on him while practicing the Dark Arts on him, but to your defense, Draco had a really hard time defending himself. You didn't know of the extent of his injuries up until right now.

      "You, uh, you...you fight good." Draco compliments, standing in front of you.

     You slowly look up at up and frown at his black eye. You wince. "Thanks, I think." You reply.

     Your eyebrows draw. "D-does it hurt?" You question, almost a little worriedly.

     He shrugs. "A little bit." He answers softly.

     "Sorry." You grimace.

     Draco brushes his hand through the air. "No, no, it's not your fault. I just wasn't as good as defending myself as I thought I was going to be." He says. "Pride goes before the fall." He sighs. A small hint of a smile upturns your lips.

     Draco looks at you. "So where are you off to?" He asks.

     "I'm actually going to go study." You reply.

     "Oh...can I join you?" He asks, his eyebrows raising.

     Yours draw in turn. "Why?" You ask suspiciously.

     Draco shrugs. "I don't know, maybe we can be friends? We did get off to a bad start. A really bad start." He says.

     "Well, that's true." You laugh softly.

     Draco cracks a smile. "So what do you say? Would it be okay if we studied together?" He questions.

     "This isn't because you want to learn my skill for the Defence Against the Dark Arts class, is it?" You ask, planting a hand on your hip.

     "No! No, no, not at all." He exclaims honestly.

     "Okay, just being sure." You say.

     "So is that a yes, then?" Draco asks, smiling.

     You return the smile. "Sure." You answer.

     "Great! Let me go get my books and I'll meet you back here." Draco says, before limping away.

     You let out a laugh as you watch him hobbling down the hall. You shake your head, grinning.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!