Chapter 1

I had a bad headache, my chest was aching, my heart was pounding, my side felt as though it was being impaled by a thick dagger, and my legs were exhausted, but I forced myself to run faster still.
My brother was running a few feet away from me, sweating like crazy, as was I. The sounds of the policemen and their German shepherds were getting louder as they got closer.

"Josh! Joshuah, they're gaining!" I yelled a warning to my 17 year old brother.
He was unable to hear me, his concentration completely on outrunning the policemen and their K9 companions, so I yelled as loud as I could this time.
"Josh!! They're gonna catch us! We need to run faster!"
His seventeen-year-old and clouded mind finally processed the fact that I was trying to warn him.
He glanced over at me, just barely dodging a tree branch.
"Zo, we've gotta change! It's the only way to outrun them!"
My mouth opened and my eyebrows creased in astonishment.
Change and let them know what we were!!!?
"Are you out of your mind? No way are we gonna do that! Too risky!"
I saw Joshuah's eyes begin to change color from blue to a bright yellow and become rounder.
"You can run until they catch you, but I'm gettin' outta here! We're trespassing, and if they catch us, we'll be locked up for what we did!"
I understood the need for it, but was changing worth the risk of spilling our secret?
I can't stop him, I thought.
No sooner had I formed the thought, I saw Josh's body begin to sort of curl in on itself.
Brown fur began to sprout all over his body, and pointed wolf ears growing on the top of his head replaced his human ones. His hands became paws, as well as his feet, which had slipped out of his socks and tennis shoes. He grew a snout from the front of his face, and whiskers sprouted from around his wet black nose.
He seemed to trip and roll on the ground, slipping out of his favorite rock band's t-shirt and his dark blue jeans. and when he began to run again, he was a huge black, brown, and white wolf.

 and when he began to run again, he was a huge black, brown, and white  wolf