Chapter 14

A multi-billionaire???? What?!?!?!?
     "You're a-a m-multi...b-b..." I stammered, astounding him yet again with my articulation, I'm sure.
     "Do you not like that I'm rich?" He asked, looking down at me. His eyes were full of concern and worry.
     "No! I mean, yes. I mean, um...it's ok..." My voice trailed off, leaving me with a miserable feeling and a burning in my cheeks.
     He chuckled at my loss for words, making me want to disappear.
     "I'm sorry. I wasn't laughing at you."          
     I looked into his dazzling eyes. I reached my hand out, and the tips of my fingers lightly brushed his chin, and fireworks went off from the tips of my fingers to my elbows. I dropped my hand, the tingles still going.
"I-I can walk..."
The archangel smirked down at me.
"Oh, you can, can you?"
I blushed and looked away, studying the furnished walls of the hallway.
"Why do rich people always overdo their houses?"
I thought out loud to myself.
My mate jerked to a stop, and my (very embarrassing) reaction was to squeal and latch on to his neck.
With my arms behind his neck, our faces were so close. All I had to do was lean forward, and then...and then...
I shook my head and breathily stuttered,
"H-how t-tall are y-you...?"
One of his eyebrows raised, and he chuckled.
"I'm 6'7."
My jaw dropped.
"Do you not like tall guys?"
I shook my head.
"Oh. You don't? Well, ok."
He continued walking, confusion and a bit of hurt clouding his features.
I finally figured out how to speak again, but only made things worse by babbling.
"No, I mean, um, yeah I like tall guys. I mean, short guys are ok too. Not that I wouldn't date one. Tall is sexy. I mean, you're pretty sexy too but, I mean, damnit!!!"
He threw back his head and laughed, and I tried to cross my arms as well as I could while in my current position.
     We finally reached his clinic, although it was definitely more like a small hospital. It was huge!
     "I though that you said it was a clinic! This is SO not a clinic! It's a-a-"
     He looked down at me and helped me finish my sentence.
     "It's big?"
     I nodded my head, at an absolute complete loss for words.
     He grinned.
     "Yeah, well, so is something else."
     My eyes got 3x as big as he carried me inside.