Chapter 3

Deep into the forest, Joshuah and I stopped, panting and laughing.
    "Dude, that was awesome!" Josh bark-growled to me.
    "Did you hear the officers? They were totally stunned! Haha!"
     Oh no, I forgot! The officers saw us change!
     "Josh, the officers will tell others about us! And they know exactly what we look like!!!"
     I remembered the painfully bright light from the flashlights of the officers, and how they watched, in disbelief, as Josh and I became what was thought of as a myth.
     Joshuah completely ignored my warning, continuing to bask in his memory of stunning the officers. He obviously couldn't care less whether the officers saw us transform into wolves or not, that the officers could tell scientists about our gift of transformation and that we could be experimented on if caught, that we're basically just living experiments for others.
     I had to get this through his thick skull.
    "Joshuah!"
     He stopped running his mouth and looked at me in surprise. I didn't usually yell at him, since he was older that me by 3 years.
    "Josh, we could be locked up and experimented on, used as test subjects, maybe even killed, then dissected and studied like...like...like lab rats!"
     This seemed to get his attention.
     "Josh, we need to tell Dad."
     Joshuah's yellow eyes widened.
     "Tell Dad? No way, he'll be pissed at knowing what we did!"
     I looked Josh right in his eyes. "I don't think we have a choice."