Chapter 2

Joshuah ran much faster as a wolf, and in seconds, I could just barely make out his silhouette in the forest.
     I could hear the shouts of disbelief from the officers and the angry barks from their dogs.
     Joshuah's right! I thought. I need to transform, and I need to transform NOW!
     I focused all of my attention on becoming a wolf.
     I could feel my limbs becoming shorter, a tail growing from the small of my back, my ears being replaced by others on top of my head, and claws growing from my nails.
     In only a few moments, I became what Joshuah had become: the amazing keeper of the forest, a wolf.
     Instead of the officers' dogs just barking, I was able to understand everything they were saying.
     "No! Now we'll never catch 'em!" "Hurry up, we're losin' 'em!"
     "You mangy mutts, we'll getcha if it's the last thing we do!"
     I ran 4x as fast as a wolf than I did as a human, and easily outran the officers and their dogs.
     My black fur easily blended in with the night's darkness as I dodged the forest's obstacles of trees, bushes, and roots.

     I caught up with Josh and we ran deep into the forest, having fun and laughing as though we were playing a game rather than being chased by the cops