Chapter 10

Fear enveloped me.
I didn't know what to do. I'd never been in this kind of situation before.
"I've never seen you around here before. Did you know that you're on my territory, dark princess?"
"Y-you're a rogue, you d-don't have t-territory."
He stepped closer, completely in my space bubble.
Ugh, I thought. His breath smells terrible.
Waya snickered, her voice ringing in my head.
I took a step back, and my rump hit a tree. I was trapped.
I quickly made the decision to try and stall him, so that I could plan my escape.
"So, uh, who are you anyways?"
He sniffed the left side of my muzzle, ran his nose backwards along my head, and licked behind my ear.
A small involuntary moan tried to escape my lips. How did this rogue know my sweet spot?
I shrunk back, and he smirked at me.
"I guess it won't hurt to spare a few seconds. My name is Ghost."
Ghost? Oh jeez!
"Zoey, Ghost is the name of that one rogue who took over an entire pack all on his own! The one who earned the nickname 'Murderous Phantom'?"
Oh no, she's right! This wolf is major trouble. How do I get out of here?
Ghost stepped closer, putting his body on top of mine.
I tried to shrink back and down as much as possible, but that only seemed to encourage him more.
He grabbed the scruff of my neck with his teeth and pulled me toward him and away from the tree.
I whimpered and tried to scramble away from his powerful grip, causing him to roughly jerk on my scruff, making me yelp.
He edged over to my side, and positioned himself on top of me.
Oh gosh, he's trying to force a Mate Bond!
I barked as loud as I could, hoping somebody, anybody, would come and save me.
As Ghost lowered himself closer onto me, I began to lose hope that I would be able to get away.