Happiness

After we were all done playing at the sandlot Squints walked me home, again. Squints was so cute when he did that, he truly cared, and not just about baseball.

"Y/n where'd you learn to play like that." He questioned.

"My dad, just like I told you yesterday," I said putting my hand around his shoulders shaking him a little bit. "Remember that?" I said laughing.

"Yeah, yeah so I judged you and said girls couldn't play baseball, but maybe you're not a real girly-girl like I thought," he said laughing and putting his arm around my waist.

I blushed a little and then said "Maybe you're right, or it's just because I know how to play, and you're starting to sound a little bit like Yeah-Yeah" I said laughing he laughed too, remembering what he had said before.

Once we got back to my house Squints turned to me and said " Uh y/n since we're not playing baseball tomorrow, Benny has decided that we should have a meeting about something, something we should've told you a while ago." He said kinda nervously.

"Okay. Yeah. See ya tomorrow" I said before I bent down and kissed him on the cheek.

I ran into my house shut the door and looked out my window, Squints was standing where he was when I shut the door with a deep blush on his face. I blushed to as I fell onto the couch and covered my face with a pillow.

Most forgot that my dad wasn't here; I remembered that it was his first day at work. I decided to cook for him, I was only 11 so I didn't know what exactly to make, till I found some hotdogs.

I got a pan, put some water in it, turned on the stove and put the pot over, then I put the hotdogs in it. Took about ten minutes for them to be fully cooked, and that's exactly the time when my dad got home.

"Hi Dad, I made you some dinner." I said happily "Oh really y/n thank you, I'm starving," he said. That was the first time that I sat down and ate with my dad, our conversation was the first time I told my dad about something exciting, my first home run. He was really happy for me because girls CAN play baseball, he always told me that, and I never let anyone tell me otherwise.