The Pool

I woke up from sleeping and herd Squints and Yeah-Yeah talking outside of the treehouse, I overheard something like, "I like her, I just don't know what to do." and "Convince Benny to not play baseball." or "What about the pool, and doing it there." and lastly "That's impossible."

I was still a little tired so I didn't hear everything, soon they came back into the treehouse and sat back down where they were sleeping before. Ten minutes later everyone was up and talking so we all decided to go back home and change then come back and play baseball.

When everyone went home, Squints said that him and Yeah-Yeah were going to get a baseball from the pharmacy. I left later than them, it was kind of weird walking alone without anyone to talk to.

I finally got to the Sandlot and Smalls asked where Yeah-Yeah and Squints were and I said, "They went to Vincent's Pharmacy to get a baseball" and everyone waited and waited, and finally they came.

"Where you guys been? We've been waiting here forever already." Benny said as everyone nodded in agreement.

"We ran into a problem, it was called Phillips," said Yeah-Yeah.

"He's a big pain, sorry Benny man." Squints said.

"Fine" Benny says as Squints sits down by me and whispers "He is going to have a real problem with you being on our team, he doesn't think girls can play baseball." so I told Squints that Phillips better change his mind before I meet him.

All of a sudden Benny said "Ok vote then. Anybody who wants to be a 'can't hack it' pantywaist who wears their mama's bra, raise your hand." I didn't know what he meant but I was wearing a bra already so this didn't matter.

"Fine, what are we going to do then?" he asked, everyone but me yelled "Scam pool honeys!" Oh thank God, we're not playing baseball in this heat.

I finally found out that we were going to the pool we all ran home to grab our swimsuits, I wore my favorite colored bikini and a red and black cotton flannel over it. I grabbed my navy blue beach towel, I heard a knock on my door ran downstairs and saw that it was Squints and Yeah-Yeah waiting for me, I decided to wait to minutes and walked out.

"Hey guys," I said.

"You took forever," they both said at the same time.

"It was only two minutes," you said as you all headed towards the sandlot so we could meet up with everyone.

When we all got to the pool and Ham was looking at girls way out of his age range which made me laugh to myself.

"Hey y/n what are ya doing?" Squints asked

"Just watching Ham talk to those girls that are like ten years older than him," I said and laughed, Squints laughed at it also.

Otherwise, the pool was a good time, we all got hungry so we left. Squints, Yeah-Yeah and I walked home after we ate at Dairy Queen®.

Yeah-Yeah went home but then Squints stooped and I looked back to him and asked why he stopped, "I forgot about something I should have done earlier today." he said he looked a little disappointed "But I guess I could do it now" he finished. I was absolutely clueless, but I decided to keep on walking, I heard his footsteps running behind me.

"Wait, y/n, wait up." he was saying it was a while before I stopped, it happened to be in front of my house when he said, "Y/n I wanted to see if you would go out with me?"

I blushed, I was shocked but he was adorable and I couldn't say no, and before we parted ways he kissed me on the cheek.