Leaving

We all walked home from the sandlot on August 25 knowing school starts tomorrow, we wouldn't have time for baseball anymore, so I had to ask my question. I walked over to Yeah-Yeahs house and waited until he opened up, "Hey Y/n" he said shutting the door behind him and walking out to his porch. "Hey Yeah-Yeah" I said back, "I really wanted to ask you something, It was a long time ago I don't think you'll really remember it." I say. Of course he asked what my question was, and I told him anyways "well when we were at Phillips' field you seemed to be telling the team something then stopped in a hurry once Squints and I came up to everyone, I just wanted to know what you were talking about? I don't really like to be left out of things." I stated. Yeah-Yeahs eyes went wide, I knew he must of forgot or didn't even know I saw. "Well we were just talking about how to beat Phillips' team," he said deceptively. I knew he was ling so I asked again, "Seriously Yeah-Yeah what were you talking about, and you would have shared how to beat Phillips with everyone." I said looking at him, "The truth" I said, he just looked at me and sighed, "Ok the truth is, I told them hat I saw you and Squints walking together and that Squints was putting his arm round your waist and kissed you on the cheek. And then I kinda told you were dating." he said. "Really," I say sarcastically tilting my head at him. "Ask me next time, ok?" I say "K-K I will," He said quickly, "We only went on two date, 4th of July and August third. But we aren't girlfriend and boyfriend." I said. I left Yeah-Yeahs house I walked to my own knowing I had to move next year because my father's time on the Dodgers wasn't that long, but he still had to work there because they haven't found anyone good enough. We all lived together in the neighborhood for a couple of more years mostly through junior high school-- and every summer was great. But none of them ever came close to that first one. When one guy would move away, we never replaced him on the team with anyone else. We just kept the game going like he was still there. A month before I was going to move I finally told the gang, they were said to see me leave, now that there was no one to stand up to Phillips like the way I did, but that couldn't relate to how sad Squints was. Around 5:00 when I was getting ready to bed I heard a knock coming from my upstairs window, I knew it was Squints so I let him in. He hugged me and wondered why I was leaving, I said what people always say. 'My dad's job' but he was still plenty sad. Squints would be here until he decides to leave, and I know now that I will see him another time in the future, in 1976.

(Please read the squeal when it comes out)(sorry I don't really do that stuff)