New Kid

We were walking home when I saw a small kid with a big hat unpacking things into the house behind me. 

"Hey, Squids have you ever seen him around here before?" I questioned. 

"No, what about you Yeah-Yeah?" Squints said turning to Yeah-Yeah.

"No, maybe he's new" Yeah-Yeah suggested.

Maybe.

"See you tomorrow Yeah-Yeah" Squints and I said as he walked into his house.

Now it was just Squints and I walking alone like yesterday. "Y/n did you actually see The Beast?" He asked.

"Yes, I did see The Best, I saw it the day you wanted me to show you the difference between a baseball and a softball," I said putting my arm on his shoulder.

We walked to my house in silence for the rest of the time. I said goodbye to Squints and went inside. I looked at him and he was waiting at the front of my house. A minute later he left and went home.

The next day Squints waited for me to get ready to go to the sandlot, we then walked to go get Yeah-Yeah. We talked some but, again, Squints and Yeah-Yeah were whispering behind me. Once we got to the sandlot, we played baseball for at least one hour until Benny hit it straight to center field.

I wasn't standing there, I was in left-center, but the guy that lives behind me, he didn't know the ball was right above his head. Ham and I yelled watch out, he looked up and his glove was ready to catch it, but he fell on his back.

The funniest thing was him trying to throw it, he threw it only two feet, everyone fell on the ground laughing, but I kept standing.

He ran off I felt really bad for judging him and I guess so did Benny because he was looking at us with annoyed. I felt bad for Benny so I walked over to Squints and Yeah-Yeah and helped them off the ground. Benny shook his head at us but we continued to play anyway.

Poor kid, wait he's the new kid that just moved in behind me, I wonder what will happen later this summer.