Chapter 12

"This is ridiculous... That stupid Allan jerk..." Cat Noir muttered to himself as he stood in a dark alley a few nights after he left Marinette, "maybe he's right..." Cat Noir sighed, "maybe I really am some mangy alley-cat... Maybe he loves Marinette more than I ever have... The way she looks at him... Has she ever looked at me that same way?"

Cat Noir shook his head as he turned to a trash can, then kicked it over, not caring about all the noise he was making. It was midnight, so he figured no one would've noticed.

"Well, who do we have here..." A sinister voice said from the entrance of the alley, "the infamous Cat Noir."

"Yeah, and who are you?" Cat Noir called.

"I'm just known as a... Famous benefactor." The man smiled as he stepped forward.

Cat Noir took a step back, "I-I don't know who you are."

"Oh, my boy, there's no need. I can grant you the wish you want most: To see Allan dead, and Marinette Dupain-Cheng back in your arms."

Cat Noir gasped and stared at this strange and mysterious man, "can you... Really do that?"

The man only laughed and put his gloved hand on Cat Noir's shoulder, "just tell me, Cat. Why can't you kill him now? You have your cataclysm?"

"It would ruin my rep. You know, then people will see me differently. So maybe... You can do it for me?"

"Oh, Cat... You can do it yourself."

Cat Noir gasped as soon as the man held out his cane, and a purple butterfly flew out and into his Miraculous.

"What--?!" But then Cat Noir was suddenly glowing purple. His eyes turned yellow instead of green, and his black suit turned white.

"From now on, you will be Cat Blanc." The man smirked.

"Yes... Allan will die..." Cat Blanc smirked evilly, "at semi-formal..."

"Smart move." The man smiled, "I will help you... But from now on, I will be known... As Hawk Moth."

"Hawk Moth..." Cat Blanc smiled slyly, "well, Allan better look out, because he's mine now."

_______________________

Four more nights past and it was already semi-formal night. Marinette dressed in a red short-skirt with black polka-dots. She tied her hair into the usual pigtails and grabbed her pink purse. She slipped on red heels as she twirled in the mirror.

"Looking very pretty. Allan would love it!" Tikki smiled.

"Thanks Tikki!" Marinette smiled, then opened her purse, "okay, get in."

Tikki flew in, Marinette snapped it shut, then ran down the stairs and out the door to where Allan was waiting.

"Ready to go, Princess?" Allan flashed his bright teeth as he opened the door to the passenger side of his car.

"As ready as I can be." Marinette chuckled as she got in.

He shut the door behind her and got into the drivers' seat, started the car, and drove off to the school, a dark yet white shadow following close behind.

"Oh-ho, there you are..." The figure smirked as he looked down at the school entrance from a nearby building.

"Remember, Cat Blanc. I can remove these powers if you ever turn on me." Hawk Moth warned, "with Ladybug gone, this will be a cinch. I never thought I'd see the day in which Cat Noir bends to my every wish."

"Don't worry, Hawk Moth." Cat Blanc smiled as he clenched his fists, which both started growing sharp claws and began glowing yellow, "I won't disappoint you... Cat Blanc killed his sister... Now it's his turn."