Chapter 17

"This is insane..." Marinette rubbed her forehead as she laid on the table.

"Just one more push..." Adrien told her as he squeezed her hand.

"That's what you said twenty pushes ago!" Marinette panted as she pushed again, to no avail.

"Just breathe." The nurse told her.

"Okay. This is it. I see the head." The doctor said, "one more."

Marinette strained as she pushed. Soon after, there were the cries of a baby.

"Good job, Bugaboo." Adrien whispered as he kissed her forehead.

"Congratulations!" The nurse congratulated Marinette as they cleaned the baby.

"I want to see..." Marinette panted as she still held Adrien's hand.

"Here you go."

The doctor handed her a little bundle of joy. A baby boy.

"He's so beautiful... He has your eyes." Adrien smiled as they gazed on the baby, "what are we naming him?"

"Garrett." Marinette smiled, "Garrett Agreste."

"I love it." Adrien said as he hugged Marinette.

A few days later, they were able to take Garrett home. As soon as they walked in, they were greeted by their corgi.

"Ace! Meet the newest member of the family." Adrien smiled as he rubbed Ace's belly.

Marinette held Garrett tight to her chest as she walked to the bottom of the stairs, "Sara?"

A teenage girl holding a young girl about four walked down the stairs.

"Congratulations Mrs. Agreste!" Sara smiled and gave her a hug.

"Thank you so much, Sara." Marinette smiled, then turned to Adrien, "can you pay her, please?"

"Right." Adrien nodded as he got out his checkbook.

"Sara?" The little girl asked.

"I'm about to go now. You were such a good girl." Sara grinned as she gave the little girl a kiss on her forehead. She put her down and walked up to Adrien.

"Thanks for watching her." Adrien gave her the check.

"Anytime. She was such a good girl these past few days." Sara smiled, "congratulations again." She turned to wave at the girl before she left. 

"Look, Mel." Marinette kneeled down to show her four-year old daughter her new baby boy, "say 'hi' to your new baby brother, Garrett."

Melanie gazed in awe at the baby sleeping before her, "hi Garrett. Can I hold him?"

"Sure. Just don't drop him." Marinette placed Garrett into Melanie's arms as she smiled down at her.

"Hi Garrett." Melanie whispered as she rocked him a little.

Marinette smiled as Adrien came up behind her and hugged her.

"What did I do to have two beautiful children, a gorgeous wife, and an adorable puppy?" Adrien smirked.

"We may not have tracked down your mystery Hawk Moth yet, but I think this is so much more worth living for." Marinette smiled as she held Adrien's hand.

"Speaking of Hawk Moth... And our Miraculous... Do you think...?"

"Not yet. They're both still really young. We'll wait." Marinette whispered, "we'll continue to hold up the mantle, but we'll eventually have to pass it down to them when they're ready."

"Right." Adrien nodded as he rested his chin on her shoulder and watched as Ace ran up to and started licking both Melanie and Garrett.

"Mommy! Daddy! I love him!" Melanie laughed as she tapped Garrett's little nose, then held his tiny hands.

"We love him too." Marinette said as she picked both Melanie and Garrett up, "and we love you too."

Melanie giggled as Adrien hugged Marinette, then kissed her blonde hair, "Promise?"

Adrien turned to Marinette, who smiled, then turned back to his daughter, "Promise."