The Memory

As you were walking to your room, you couldn't help but think about your father.

   "Hey, (Y/N)! I'll only be gone for a while. Make sure you fix my locket before I come back! See you soon!" Your father called to you, waving. You ran to him and hugged him from behind.

   "Just hurry up, okay?" You whispered into his coat. He smiled, turned around and patted your head. Tears fell from your face as he told you he'd be fine.

   If only he knew.

   As you finished fixing the locket, you realised that your father should have been back by now. You walked to the front door and sat on the step with his fixed and holy water grenade-which you stole- and closed your eyes. Tears filled them as you thought about what could have happened.

   The sound of a car parking made you open your eyes. But when you did, you were not met by your father's black hair and green eyes, you were startled at how close this persons green eyes were to yours. You fell onto your back and called for your mother. She ran to the door and smiled when she saw this man.

   "Mephisto! How are you?" She greeted the man, flicking her blonde hair away from her shoulder. He bowed and smiled. Your mother carried on. "Where's Sam...?" Her voice dropped to a whisper.

   Right on cue, pathetic fallacy decided to have a role and so he chose to make in rain.

   "I'm afraid he was consumed by the flames of Satan. Although his strong body and mind allowed him to withstand them, he didn't want to do it, and so he took his own life." He said plainly. Your mother fell to the ground and wrapped her arms around your neck. You looked down and let the tears silently fall.

   "Did he save us?" You asked Mephisto. He placed a hand on your head and ruffled up your hair. Looking up, you saw him beaming down at you.

   "He was the best Paladin we could have asked for. He closed the Gehenna gate and banished Satan for who knows how long!" He cheered your father on as you replaced your frown with a sad smile.

   Flipping open the locket, you looked down at the picture of your dad, your mother, Mephisto and a younger version of yourself outside a building, which you recognised as a monastery.

   "Thank you." You whispered before you crumbled to you knees and broke down.

   You hadn't realised that you had been crying in real life. Wiping your tears on the back of your hand, you opened your room and jumped on the bed, burying your head in the pillows and crying softly.

   "(Y/N)? Are you alright?" A soft whisper sounded from behind the door. You sat up and quickly tried to hide your tear stained face. "I'm coming in." The voice called.

   Before you could protest, the door slowly creaked open to reveal Rin in his pyjamas. He was holding his red case in one hand, and in the other he was covering his eyes. 

   "Are you dressed?" He asked. You smiled.

   "Y-Yeah." You answered him, forcing the hiccups out of your voice. Rin nodded and uncovered his eyes. When he saw your red eyes and frowning face, he hurried over to you and sat next to you. Wrapping an arm around your shoulder, he stroked your hair.

   "Tell me what's wrong." He said. You shook your head and brought your legs up to your chest.

   "I... I can't." You whimpered.

   "Come on, surely it's not as bad as mine." He coaxed it out of you.

   When you finished telling him, he was awestruck. Patting your back, he pulled out a tissue and wiped away your tears. You turned to him and hugged him tightly. When he returned it, you began to cry onto his shoulder.