Astraphobia

Chapter 12

*Wayfarer Chapel*

"This place is so gorgeous" Lexi breathe out as I snapped a picture of the beautiful glass chapel in front of us before I turn to look at her

"I agree" this place is mind blowing I can't believe I've never been here my entire life.

"Look at that something we can agree on?"

"Yeah surprise surprise"

She laughed

"So what are your plans for the masquerade ball?" she asked

And I bit my lip

I haven't talk to Hunter since that scene in the car which was actually only three days ago I mean yeah we've seen each other at school, we played our role but when no one was looking we were silent and I am so freaking lost he's talking to everyone else normal but me he won't even look me in the eye.

What did I do?????

"I don't know" I finally said

"Oh..."

"You going?"

She laughed a sarcastic laugh

"Am I going?" she asked her eyes narrowing at me

"Darling I've never missed a masquerade or anything that allows me to dress up and show how beautiful I am"

'When you know you vain and egoistic' my brain said

"Well that's an amazing point of view you've got there"

Was what I said instead.

She gave me a smile before saying

"I'll go around and ask about the chapel you can... take pictures"

"Okay "

So basically that's what we did, I took pictures she found out information about the chapel and then we decided to come back another time due to the storm that was coming.

"You need a lift?" Lexi asked

"Um no thanks I'm good"

"Okay" she said before driving off.

Hey! Who knew if I took up her offer I had to owe her something like you know

'So remember that time I gave you a lift home yeah well this is to make us even...'

Yeah no I'm good.

The winds picked up and people started heading for their cars.

I tried to hail a cab but it didn't work.

People were rushing to get out before the storm hit, why didn't I take up Lexi's offer?

Just then lightning strike and I died inside.

Did I mention that I'm afraid of lightning.

Beep Beep!

I looked up to see Lexi's car

"Just get in" she shouted at me as thunder hammered through the sky.

Don't need to tell me twice

I quickly got in before the rain came pondering down and we drove off.

My hands were shivering non stop and my breathing was out of control. The car suddenly came to a stop.

"You have astraphobia don't you?" she asked