Chapter XXXIII. WHY DID I THINK ROMAN NUMERALS WERE A GOOD IDEA

Chapter XXXIII.

WHY DID I THINK ROMAN NUMERALS WERE A GOOD IDEA??
(alternate title; Spamano's Day Off.)

___

Spain's P.O.V.

I woke up to Romano kicking my side, not too hard but it was enough to be annoying.

"...Spain, Spain! SPAIN! Alzarsi si culo! Stop being a lazy asshole!" Romano yelled in my face, kicking me once more a little harder.

I felt a weird sense of déjà vu.

"Cálmese! Why are you waking me up?" I said as soon as I opened my eyes.

"The group of losers want us to help with the America loves England loves France bullcrap again, we need to leave before they try to come over to your house!" Romano explained, rushing around even though he was already dressed.

I sighed, getting up and putting on some clothes Romano had thrown on the floor for me.

"Y'know, you were the one that made everyone aware of the whole France and England thing, so shouldn't you deal with it?" I told him.

"It was interesting for like, an hour, and then everyone got fucking irritating, and I am not going to waste another week having to sort everything out" Romano said to me, putting his shoes on.

I laughed a little, getting up and grabbing the car keys. "Bien, I get it. Where were you thinking about going this time?"

"Eh, you decide, I don't care. We just gotta get out before all the gays come over" Romano said.

"Uh Romano, we're in a gay relationship, you know" I told him, looking at him amused.

"Silenzio! Let's just go already!" Romano exclaimed, walking out flushed.

I chuckled, following him out of the house. "I heard there was a new aquarium downtown, how would you feel about going there?" I asked Romano.

He turned to me quickly, joy on his face for a second before he became embarrassed and crossed his arms.

"I don't care, stupid fish could be fun to look at" he muttered, looking away. I smiled at how much I've began to appreciate his stubbornness.

We got into the car, and I inserted the keys into the ignition. "Ready?"

"That's a stupid question, of course I am" Romano replied.

I grinned, taking off down the road.

-

As I drove into the aquarium's parking lot, I looked over to see Romano with a childishly happy expression planted on his face.

I turned off the car, getting out and walking over to Romano's side of the car to open his door for him. He stepped out and muttered a "thank you."

"The last time we went on a proper date was to that amusement park, remember?" I asked Romano.

"Of course I do, perdente" Romano told me, grabbing onto my right hand. Again, I found it strange how I was so attached to his bratty behavior.

We went into the aquarium, and Romano was immediately distracted by the gift shop, which carried fish hats, t-shirts, and other fish themed items.

After spending more than I expected on a fish pen Romano swore he needed, a fish pun t-shirt that said "you're a catch!" I wanted Romano to wear, and a mechanical dolphin toy, we left the shop and made our way to the actual aquarium part.