Chapter 14- Remembering part 1

AN// Alexis' memories for you lovely people. Enjoy//

"Hey baby sis, how are you?"

"Freaking out. Some guy just pulled a gun on this family in the middle of Starbucks and I just jumped in the way and disarmed the guy. But omg, I could have died. I could have died Zakhar." I tell him, slightly hysterical.

"Calm down Alexis, it's alright,  just saved a family. You're a hero."

"I know, I know, and it feels great but I could have died. I'm too young to die. I don't want to die."

"You're a Volkov little sis, we don't die that easily."

I laugh slightly at him, say my goodbyes and hang up.

***

"I'm sure if that was a person, they would be dead by now, with the way you're hitting that bag."

I start and whirl around, looking into the shadows of the empty gym I had taken to as my refuge, looking for the source of the voice.

"What do you want?"

"What I want doesn't matter. However, what the people who do want you want, that does matter."

What the hell is this shit?

"That made no sense."

I notice slight movement and my hand twitches down to my thigh, where I had taken to keeping my throwing knives tucked into a secret holster on my jeans. I slide out a knife, wait for the next shift of movement and hurl the knife in that direction.

I hear it thunk as it sinks into the wall and then as the stranger slides it out with an impressed whistle.

"I will say I'm very impressed. Two inches to the left and you would have speared me in the leg. But I'm not a threat to you. I'm going to protect you."

"Protect me from what?"

"Lots of things."

"Like?"

"You'll meet them in about 5 minutes."

Maybe it's that person who you stopped from killing those people.

Shut up conscience.

"Um, can you please step out of the shadows? I'd like to know what my protector looks like."

They move out of the shadows and I have to stop my jaw from going through the floor.

Sweet baby Jesus, this man's parents should be commended on their wonderful creation.

Tousled blonde hair, fair skin, blue eyes that just glowed. Built, 6 foot 3. Wearing all black.

I think my ovaries just exploded.

Agreed.

"Hey little Fighter, you might want to wipe that drool from the corner of your mouth." He says and I snap out of my trance of hotness in time to see him giving me a look over.

And let's just say he likes what he sees.

"Mr Bad Boy, my eyes are up here." I walk over to him and snap my fingers in his face and his eyes snap up from where they had been focused on my exposed toned belly.

He grins at me and leans down, places his lips next to my ear and whispers,

"Are you ready to meet them?"

Before I can answer, a voice pipes up from behind us and I whirl around. A group of about 10 people standing shrouded in the shadows of the gym while one guy stands at the centre.

"Alexis Volkov. Saved a family of 4 in a restaurant. Did it without hesitation. Disarmed and knocked out the assailant. Very impressive for a 16-year-old, that's for sure."

He walks closer to us and glances at the guy standing very close behind me.

"Omega, we won't hurt her. You can step back."

"She's just a kid Alpha. Schatten der Nacht could kill her."

Oh shit. Schatten der Nacht. Famous German gang. And they want me. Shit.

"You want me in your gang?" I speak up, looking at the guy, Alpha, in front of me.

"We want you to take the initiation trials, yes. Omega here thinks you can make it, I don't. He's vouching for you, going to be in charge of training you up."

"And if I don't want anything to do with this?"

"Then we'll leave you in peace to live your exceptionally average life before you go back to America to work for your father's companies, and go into his gang." Omega speaks from behind me and I pale slightly at how much they know about me already.

"So what do you say little fighter, are you in? Or are you out?" Omega whispers in my ear.

I look at Alpha straight in the eye, as he is so obviously the leader. My pride won't let me back down from this challenge. This asshole thinks me, a Volkov, can't make it in his infamous gang?

I smirk at him.

"Oh, I'm in."