Chapter 28- Gang vs Family

AN//  I KNOW! I'm sorry it's been too long. School just came back in and my teachers are like, you know what's fun? homework and assignments! Like how about NO. Enjoy this guys, because big shiz is coming, just not as soon as y'all would like ;-)//

Agh, this hurts.

No kidding, genius, we were stabbed in the chest.

Really? I would never have guessed.

My conscience sasses me, rolling her eyes at me as if I was a complete idiot.

I was just stating the obvious bitch, no need to be sarcastic about it.

Deal with it, you're the one that got us stabbed.

I didn't get us anything, I went to a club, had a good night and watched as everything went to shit. Point that perfectly manicured finger elsewhere.

"Alexis? Alexis, can you hear me? Can you open your eyes?" A voice sounds from somewhere outside of the blissful darkness hovering at the edge of my semi-consciousness.

Could I even be bothered to respond to the slightly panicked, hopeful voice?

I turn my head slightly towards to sound of the voice and groan slightly as I, instead of moving just my head, try to move my whole body, resulting in a burning pain rippling through my chest, eliciting a groan from me as my body screams at me.

"Little sis? Lexi?" The voice speaks again as another wave of pain crashes over me, threatening to drown me in the blissful blackness.

I try to open my eyes, but to no avail, as I try to shift again and the waves of pain become a tsunami that drags me back into the clutches of blissful, pain-free darkness.

***

"She was frigging stabbed, do you think she's okay?" Another voice sounds, furious at whoever asked the question.

A mumbled response comes and the louder voice swears some choice words in German, making me twitch my lips slightly.

"Did she just move?" A quiet voice, obviously the one being snapped at, asks.

"Yeah, your idiocy made her smile in her unconsciousness, congratulations." I knew that voice.

"Alpha... Don't b-e, a dick." I rasp out, trying to open my eyes and succeeding this time, only to be rewarded with blinding white lights that make me flinch and close my eyes again as the pain comes back.

I fight the waves this time, but they keep coming, wave after wave, pain everywhere in my chest, crushing my lungs.

"Come on Little Fighter. Come on. Stay awake, let me so those hellfire eyes." He grabs my hand, willing me to stay conscious.

I smirk again but fail to beat the pain, it dragging me back into sleep, kicking and screaming.

***

"Well, it's about time you woke up, lazy butt." I look over at the doorway to see Alpha standing there, a shit-eating grin on his face.

"You got my tags again, don't ya?" I ask, putting down the shit book the nurse had brought me after the doctors noticed I was awake and they'd done their routine check up on my chest and I kept pestering her for something to do.

"Well, at least you didn't flip your shit again. I don't think this nurse would have been able to take it." He strolled into the room, letting the door swing shut behind him and taking my tags out of his pocket, letting them swing in his hand before he laid them in my outstretched palm.