Chapter 30- Unclassy Pillow Talk

AN// Wow 30 chapters and so many reads, you guys are the literal definition of amazing. Thank you so much. The ride is far from over, so sit tight. Happy reading // 

"I'd say happy new years, but I don't think happy would cover it," I said with a small smile as I trace the veins on the arm Alpha had draped across my waist as we lay in bed, listening to the muffled fireworks going off outside.

No one had disturbed us, but we weren't exactly quiet, so I guess they figured the top floor of the 3-story mansion was a no-go zone for the night and possibly the next day.

He nuzzles the back of my neck and places a soft, wet kiss there before breathing on it, a catalytic event that sent a shiver down my spine and goosebumps running up my arms and legs despite being wrapped in sheets and a 6 foot 4 human heating machine.

"Happy wouldn't begin to cover it," he murmured, running a hand down my side and stopping at my hip.

He liked touching me. Any chance he got, he'd run his fingers through my hair, down my back. On any bare skin.

"You've lived in one of the harshest places on the planet, and your skin is so soft, so silky. So fine. It's a wonder you don't shine when you walk in the moonlight, you almost look like you were made from the moon itself." He marvels as he continues running his free hand along my skin.

"It's called moisturiser." I mumble out in a slight 'duh' tone.

He rolls over so that I'm pinned underneath him.

"Why must you sass me at every turn?" He demands.

I reach up and run my fingers through his blonde hair and tug on a lock, making him close his eyes. Guess he liked that.

"Because I live to make your life interesting," I whisper and lean up slightly to capture his lips in a kiss.

"That you do," he murmurs against my lips as I run my fingers through his hair, down the back of his neck and then drawing my nails lightly down his back, stopping just before his ass. He shudders and pulls back, grinning slightly.

"You're evil."

"I'm your second in command for that reason."

"If I had my way, I'd make you more then my second in command."

"Well, baby, you can't have your way every time."

He heaves an exaggerated sigh, "Well that's a shame. If I could have you in my bed every night after what we just did, I'd probably die a happy man."

"Oh, poor wittle bwaby. How 'bout next time one of us needs a good distraction, we'll just appear in the others room."

He makes a sexy little noise in the back of his throat and the look on his face was answer enough for what he thought about my little proposition.

"No strings attached unless one of us wants more."

"I'm dangerous to be with, Alpha." I point out quietly.

"And I'm just dangerous."

"Only when provoked, little wolf." I scoff at him and see his expression darken slightly.

"Little fighter, you'll start something I'm not so sure you'd like, let alone finish."

"And what's that? I can take a lot more than what people think I can handle." The double meaning was meant to be there, the suggestion for him to finally, truly let go. He'd been gentle and that was nice and fun, but I wanted fun on the edge.

His hand finds its way to my pulse and he leans down and replaces his hand with his lip, the kiss a promise as he opens his mouth and bites down and suckles on my neck. Oh, the feeling. He wasn't a fumbling boy.

His other hand comes up and he strokes gentle fingers over the soft skin of my breasts and he moves his mouth down my throat, sucking and biting, leaving a little trail of love bites telling everyone where he'd been.

When he reaches my breasts, he stops and lifts his head up, eliciting a whine of protest from me.

"Are you sure you want it this way?" He asks me, a lusty glint in his eyes that promised what I wanted. Needed.

"Yes. I want this." I murmur as I run my fingers through his hair.

"Good. Because I'm not holding back."

"Don't. Show me what you can do." I tugged on his hair and where his chest was pressed against my body, I felt a rumble of appreciation.

"You like that, lover?" I gently pull again and in response he just lowered his mouth until he was hovering above my breasts and looks at me through his eyelashes as he breathes softly on the nipple of one breast, the hot air from his mouth mixing with the cool air in the room, sending a hot tingling feeling straight through my body, making me squirm slightly while his hand cups and palms the other breast.

I tug on his hair again and he drops his head completely, right where I wanted him, making a small gasp come out of my mouth.

***

"So how are we going to catch this son of a bitch?" Alpha asks me later, his voice rumbling in his chest where my ear is pressed against his chest.

"Wait for him to come to me, try to talk some sense into Elijah. It'll help if you're there. I almost had him, back in the club. But the new leader is the hard ass the old one wasn't. If that's even the leader." I sigh and shift onto my side, resting my head in my hand. Classic post sex, pillow talk position. Except this was classic pillow talk and that wasn't classic sex.

"What was he like?" Aren wouldn't meet my eyes and was playing idly with my hip and I realise this is harder for him than it is for me.

Elijah and Haydn were the closest things Aren ever got to having brothers. His best mate was gone and all he had left was Elijah and me. And then I left him.

"He washed the blue dye out of his hair and went back to his original icy blonde. He is, well he's Haydn's spitting image before he passed. Almost the same but not, if you understand what I mean. But he's lost. Aren he's so lost and I don't know how easy it's going to be to get him back." My voice breaks.

"We'll get him back, Alexis. We have to. For him. For their family."

It was a promise to himself, to me and we'd die trying just to save the Reiders from more pain caused by the gangs.