Chapter 31- Cryptic Ice-cream

AN//oh hey. Hows it going?  Mad? Yeah sorry, school, exams you know. But heyyyyy another chapter. Enjoy ;-)//

"You were stabbed in the chest a month ago, how the hell are you still so fit?" Alpha puffs out as we slow down and come to a stop outside of the ice cream shop.

"You're just old," I comment as I open the door and step inside, Alpha following close behind me.

"And you're just fat." He mutters, making me roll my eyes and stamp on his foot.

"Ow." He complains under his breath, while I just smile at the attendant that had appeared behind the counter.

"Chocolate thick shake please," I smile at the guy before turning back to face Alpha, telling him to hurry up and order.

He glares at me, before rolling his eyes and ordering.

"So, do you think it will work?" He asks me as we sit down at a booth with our drinks a couple of minutes later.

"My plans always work. I still don't get why you won't let me do it alone. I did it alone the last time." I say, somewhat bitterly.

"You've had two near-death experiences in the last three years, do you really want another one?"

"To be honest, it'd probably be my last. Once this is done, I'm stepping away from the gangs, moving out of home and getting my law degree. It'll almost be like a holiday." I smile at him around my straw.

"That's a long holiday."

"I'm 20. I've been in our gang since I was 16. That's 4 years. Takes 4 years for me to do my degree. 4 years I'll get back."

"Fair enough." He looked slightly sad at the prospect.

"Alpha, I have to have a life at some point," I remind him gently.

He nods, looking out the window, going tense. I follow his gaze and see someone dressed in all black standing on the corner of the street.

Well, that was fast.

No kidding. Girl, you got your ass kicking panties on?

I might.

I smirk out at the person and raise my hand lazily, flipping them the finger. The person raises their hand to the side of their head, and barely, I see their mouth move.

Wow.

Fucking rookie.

My smirk grows as I stand up and Alpha follows suit, both of us strolling out of the place like we owned it, drinks in hand, smirking like we know all the secrets of the universe.

"So, on a scale of one to ten, how much is this going to work?" Alpha asks me.

"Judging by how fast he just responded to me flipping him the bird, probably about a 3," I say happily, bouncing along in my Adidas runners.

"Oh, joy." He murmurs sarcastically, as a black 4wd pulls up to the kerb beside the person dressed in black and three others climb out, all looking at us, guns hanging loosely at their sides.

"They aren't even trying to be discreet," I giggle with glee, resisting the urge to clap my hands.

"You take to much joy out of this." I look up at Alpha and see him scowling at me.

"Careful, that's the second time you've said joy, say it again and people will start thinking you wish the Christmas season was still around." I jump over a crack in the footpath and smile as I look up at him.

"Screw you, Little Fighter." He goes to ruffle the two tight braids in my hair and I dodge his hand.

"You've already done that, Alpha," I shoot him a wink and dart out of his way as he goes to grab me by the waist.

"Gonna have to be faster than that," I tease and break into a little skip.

"Is that a challenge?" He growls.

I just smirk at him and start running again, towards the park two doors down from the house. That's the good thing about living in front of the beach. You can run a block and on your way home, grab an ice cream, visit the park and stroll back into the house.

Unless of course, you're playing a game of cat and mouse with someone who's trying to kill you. In which case, you stick the finger up at them, give them a little wave and metaphorically tell them to kiss your ass as you toss the remnants of your treat in the bin and run to the park with your best friend chasing after you.

I feel hands grab onto my waist just as I hit the sand underneath all of the play equipment and spin around, ending up really close to Aren.

"You never answered my question." He scolds me lightly

"No, it wasn't a challenge." I roll my eyes at him, breaking his grip easily and tossing him to the ground in an easy manoeuvre, spraying sand all over his clothes.

"You're so cruel to me. Little Fighter, are you sure?' He asks me, for the up tenth time.

"Alpha, if you ask me again, I'm drowning you in the ocean." I groan as I walk over to the swing and sit down.

"No, not that. The... other thing." He hesitates as he sits down on the swing beside me.

"It'll be fine Alpha. God, guys are so gung ho and then when they actually think about it, they're like 'well shit'."

"Yeah, but still. I don't want to seem like that kind of guy." He kicks off of the ground, setting the swing into motion.

"How about we just focus on the people trying to kill me right now and that deal with that when and if that even happens."

"It's been two weeks."

"And we have roughly three days before we can start seriously considering the possibility."

Before he can even respond back, a casual voice tinged with sarcasm pipes up from behind us.

"Well, as interesting as that cryptic conversation is, we need to talk."

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?

I'm going to kill my brothers, you up for it?

Yes.

Good, good.

I don't even bother turning around.

"What part of we're over, stay away from me until I tell you it's safe for you to be around me, do you not get, Ivan?" I get out, keeping my voice void of any emotion.

"The part I don't get is the part where you think you can get away with your little stunt, princess. So don't keep your back to me. Look me in the eye, tell me to piss off. Be a bad girl and break my heart. That shouldn't be too hard for you. After all, you draw people into your web and then push them out. So do it, break my heart. But you do not get to break Kiana's."

I stand up and turn around, looking him dead in the eye, holding my baby sister's hand, breaking my heart before I can break his.

"You're a fool."