Chapter 23- Bleeding Pain

Someone's banging on my door.

They've been banging on the wood, and calling at me for 2 hours, maybe more.

But I wasn't moving. I couldn't care less.

Laying on my bed, it's 2 in the morning, and my body is ready to sleep, but my mind isn't.

Betrayal.

Lies.

Broken promises.

Deliberately, I roll over onto my right hip, the sharp stinging of my body weight being applied to the deeper then normal, angry red cuts along my hip shocking my mind into silence.

The drawn out quiet of my mind finally allows my body to shut down, and I fall into sleep.

***

I flinch awake and gasp as the pain from lying on my right hand side registers with my body.

The nightmares are back.

I roll onto my back and feel a trickle of liquid roll along my skin, following the curve of my hip around to my back before disappearing.

I cringe slightly and pull up the black shirt I wore to bed, noting the dampness on the right hand side, before noting the blood smears on my grey sheets.

I look down at my hip and gasp slightly at the amount of damage I'd done.

Every single one of the fresh cuts are open, bleeding and there is blood smeared along the side of my body, across my belly and down the side of my leg.

I almost whimper as I prod a little at the tender skin, the horror sinking in.

What had I done?

I scramble out of bed and stumble to my desk, fumbling for my phone.

Where r u

U up??

Ivan?

.... I need u, please b up

I walk to the bathroom as I wait for a reply, unlocking my door on the way past, realising there was no one on the other side anymore.

I run the bath, and when the water is warm enough, I get in, oversized black shirt and all, letting the water fill up around me.

I'm coming.

I toss my phone down beside the bath and pull my knees up to my chest and wrap my arms around them, watching as the water reaches my waist and washing some of the blood off of my skin, tinting the water a dull pink as I wait for Ivan.

Betrayal.

Lies.

Liars

Broken promises.

Secrets.

Broken hearts.

Broken trust.

I continue to stare at the water even as I hear Ivan walk into my room and close the door behind him. Even as he walks into the bathroom and releases a string of curses at the red tinged water and automatically knowing what I'd done.

"Oh, Alexis." He whispers, getting me to turn my head and look at him, the horror and pain obviously showing in my eyes.

He pulls his dress shirt and pants off and drops it to the floor before getting into the bath behind me and pulling me into his chest.

Holding me.

Just holding me.

Keeping me together.