Chapter 17- Bitch Witch

My father is standing behind the witch, looking spectacularly uncomfortable and in no way do I feel sorry for him, as I shoot daggers at him with my eyes.

He could have given me some warning that the bitch was coming home.

"How have you been Sandra?" I ask stiffly, trying to keep it civil.

"I have been good, thank you for asking." A sick smile spreads across her face, but the evil glint in her eyes tells me that a fight was coming and it was not going to be pretty.

She turns to my father and starts talking, obviously dismissing us. As we go to walk away,

I hear something that makes me stop.

"I am going upstairs, I'm going to sleep, and than I'll be going out tonight with the girls." She tells my father, and I turn around to see anger flash across my father's eyes, and I know my look mirrors his.

Never, in a million years, would my own birth-mother go away for a long period of time without her family and then proceed to not spend the first couple of days back with them. And then this bitch comes in and throws our values out of the window in favour for her spend money all day, party with the girls all night life.

"And what about Kiana?" I say quietly, and I see her spine stiffen, before she turns around to face me.

I see my dad give me a grateful look, thanking me for doing the one thing he can't, lest he have his balls torn off and shoved down his throat while the wicked witch laughed.

"What about her?" She looks at me quizzically, smile still in place, although it's a bit strained.

"You're her mother, Sandra. You have a responsibility to her. And no where in your little plan for the day did you have the intention of spending time with her."

She laughs softly and walks closer to me. In the past 7 years, I've outgrown her and now I'm looking down on her, not the other way around.

"What I do and don't do with the little girl is none of your business." She drops the smile, and I feel Ivan step closer to me and press his hand against my back, a warning to her to not get to close.

"It is my business, because while you may hate it, the fact remains that she is also my own flesh and blood. I'm her sister, and my other siblings are her brothers. We aren't her parents, and we aren't going to be here forever to do the job you signed up for when you got pregnant. So do your job, and be her mother." I say calmly, watching as her expression darkens into the twisted monster she really is.

"That child is a mistake. But your father is to much of a righteous man to allow me to abort the pregnancy." She snarls.

"He should have let you, you're a horrible mother." I say softly and I see her hand twitch.

"Alexis." My father warns, but the witch holds her hand up to him and he closes his mouth, though his expression becomes one of murder.

"At least I didn't abandon my people when things got tough." She says sweetly, and I swear to god, the temperature in the room dropped as myself, Ivan and papa all stiffen.

She couldn't know. There was no way she could have known what had happened.

Her smile grows, as if she knows she's touched a nerve, but just to piss her off, I shrug my shoulders at her and lean towards her.

"At least I'm not a gold digger and a man's second choice." I lean back and smile lazily at her as I watch the smile fall off her face.

"You little, bitch." She hisses and raises her hand.