Chapter 40- Mission Missing You

AN// Omg, I got my shit together long enough to get this chapter done. I'm wrapping this baby up next update. Prepare yourselves to say goodbye to our Gang Girl- I don't write sequels. Enjoy my lovelies.//

"I can't believe you actually did it. You got out." Kaspar was standing in the lounge room of the penthouse my father had owned and decided to give to me as a "late birthday present."

"You had the opportunity to get out a long time ago." I remind him, watching as some friends of Kaspar's and Zakhar's helped moved the new furniture into the place.

He ignores my comment and keeps going, "you know, you could just keep living at home." it was a gentle suggestion, one that I slammed down on instantly.

Hulk, smash!

"I can't stay there. It's not my home. Not anymore. A home is somewhere I can be where the people don't lie to me and hide things from me. A home is somewhere I can trust the people also residing there. I don't trust father, I can barely trust Zakhar and you. Ivan is just... not even a path I need to go down. I don't belong there. There are too many broken connections, too much heartache and betrayal."

He looks at me and sighs, knowing it was going to take a long time for any of our relationships to be repaired.

"Hey, Alexis, that's all of it." One of Kaspar's friends walks over, smiling.

"Thank you." The reply was polite but stiff.

I was staying away from guys for a long time.

But what about getting some di-

How about we don't finish that sentence.

But the di-

Nope.

There was a slight pause before Kaspar speaks up, "let's go grab something to eat, it's well after lunch."

His friend stops looking slightly uncomfortable and perks up at the mention of food before calling out to the six other guys in my penthouse that the job was done and that Kaspar was shouting them all food.

"You going to come?"

"Nope."

He sighs but doesn't fight it, turning away from me and walking out the door, following the 5 other guys who had quickly vacated the penthouse at the mention of free food.

I close the door behind them and turn around, letting a small smile spread across my features at the sight before me.

"You know, I have a door for a reason. You don't have to do some Mission Impossible shit just to get in." I shake my head at the figure sitting on my new black suede couch.

"I didn't do some 'Mission Impossible shit' I came in through the front door... disguised."

I burst out laughing. "Okay, James Bond."

He lets a fake wounded look flash across his features before replacing it with an evil mastermind grin.

"Whatever your thinking, mr, I'm still injured."

"Oh, my dear, I'm just thinking about how fun it's going to be once you finish your degree and move back to Germany. I can pull this crap all the time." He stands up and crouches down a little, making a mockery of my height.

"Are you really mocking my height right now?"

"I might be. What are you going to do about it?" He pokes me in the nose.

"Don't tempt me, Xander. I bite."

"Oh really?" He cocks his head at me, gazing at me curiously.