Chapter 34- Defensive Facades

// I am so sorry I haven't updated for ages ugh school just kind of took of my life and now I have no life. It's been a long time coming... and it's not here yet ;-) happy reading my happy readers.// 

Feeling very much like the rich kid I was, as I walked into the expensive club, I took in the strobing lights and the dancing young adults.

A life I could have had had I not been born into the most prestigious gang in Miami.

Such a cruel place for them to chose, considering the one thing I wanted selfishly, secretly, was to not have been born into the lifestyle I inherited when I was born.

"Miss, may I take your coat?" A middle-aged bouncer, halfway between being young enough to have the job, but old enough to have garnered a large amount of respect from the club goers, asked me, taking in my appearance of all black, with the heavy stylish winter coat that screamed, 'money!' covering the weapons strapped to my body.

"No, thank you. I'd rather not gather any attention, if you get what I mean," I shoot him a wink, knowing that I'd just fed him a line he'd heard come out of multiple young heiresses mouths that weren't meant to be in the spotlight, gathering the wrong attention.

The sort of attention one might attract by being, say, at a club such as this.

"Of course." Was his reply, shooting me a wink before going outside to change shifts with the guy already out there.

Walking forward, I let my body language tell everyone quite effectively that I was not in the mood to be hassled.

Sliding into an empty table, I pull my phone out and flick Alpha a quick text.

Countdown.

Without leaving it out to wait for the reply, I slide it back into the small clutch I'd brought along with me.

"Well, it's about time you showed up. We have business to conduct." The man who had been with Elijah slid into the chair opposite mine, blocking off my view of the closest exit.

Mother fu-

While I like your thinking, how about later?

If there's even a later.

Wow, aren't you just a ball of sunshine?

I am you.

Bitch.

"Well, I wasn't exactly going to rush to a blood ring. As much as I know I'm going to kick your ass, I do rather like my face, and unlike your last leader, you will actually go down fighting. But, once this is all said and done, everyone in Germany can breathe easy knowing the turf wars are over. That's the deal yes? I win, and your gang becomes mine and if I decide I don't want it, you stay on your own side of the line and terrorize some other gang."

"That is the proposed deal, yes."

"Well, I want to shake on it."

He shakes his head at me but sticks his hand out, and I shove mine at him, gripping it hard and staring him down.

Slightly, I see him gulp and I smirk at him as I retract my hand and he stands up.

"Let's get this over and done with, so I can go home." He grins at me, thinking he'll have an easy win.

Well, at least they finally got a gang leader who wasn't afraid to be cocky. 

"Most likely in a body bag." I smile up at him sweetly, taking my time getting ready, slowly uncrossing my legs, and slowly rising out of my chair, letting him take in the beauty that had many a man vying for my attention.