Amazing Potato Wedges

3rd POV

As the 4 in the elevator try and find a way to open the doors, William and Angel head for a latter nearby. Angel smirks and begins climbing up, flicking her partner the most offensive finger on her hand. "Next time let me do what I want." She growled lowly as she suddenly applied pressure to the hold, her knee bending slightly and quickly releasing like a spring as she jumped up the rest of the ladder. Landing on the floor above them, she grinned at the sight of Jeremie.

His back was to her as he tried to communicate with his friends. "H-Huh? She's already Xanafied? Angel wouldn't let that happe- whoa!" Grabbing Jeremie by his collar, Angel lifts him up easily and tosses him across the room like a rag doll. Jeremie hits the wall and lands with a groan of pain.

"Sorry Jeremie, I need your computer for a bit." Angel snickers at her friend that was in a heap on the floor opposite to her as William makes it up to this floor. "Next time, don't smash the ladder," he growled out and walked over to her as she sat down. "Awww~, why not sweetness? Had some trouble getting up?" She smirks at his red face as he rolls his eyes and huffs. "Just hurry up and get on with it." He orders.

"Yeah, yeah. That's why I'm here." She chuckled and cracked her fingers, "occupy lord nerdness over there for me, will ya babe?" Angel asked, not even having to look up to know that Jeremie was limping towards the door. William's eyes snap up and Jeremie freezes in place before hurrying and looking down the hole where the remains of the ladder sat at the bottom.

Jeremie paled as he felt a sudden push and let out a scream as he fell onto the pile of metal. William stood above his body with a smirk, making sure the boy was out cold before he headed back to Angel.

"Tsk, kids these days. Never pay attention." She commented, recalling William mentioning the ladder when he entered. Her fingers flew across the keys quickly, William silently standing by her, his back to her. She hid a smirk as she pressed enter. "What?! No!" William turned around suddenly to look at her as she grinned.

"Sorry, X.A.N.A, babe, it'll take a lot more than a squid to put down this girl." She laughed, "virtualization, Aelita, Odd, Ulrich, and Yumi." She stated and stood up, wincing as a wave of pain flowed through her head.

"You've betrayed me! Us!" William's voice rang through the room with anger. Angel smirked, "I never pledged myself to either of you." With a scream, William attacked, his sword appearing and coming down with a clash as Angel caught his blade against her chain, quickly twisting and trapping his sword in a tangle of chains as his foot flew out and kicked him across the room.

She ran over to a pole located in the corner of the room and tied the chain to it, leaving the sword and chain stuck. She saw William getting up and readied herself. "Bring it," she made a gesture that caused him to smirk and charge.

She was at a disadvantage with her head pounding the way it was. Already, she had trickles of sweat flowing down her forehead. Fighting the control was much harder than she was making it seem.

She mostly dodge the barrage of William's attacks, landing a strong blow before an even stronger one would be delivered to her stomach or ribs. Seeing a fist making its way around to hit her face, she blocked it with her arm and braced her arm with her other one in a cross-like shape.

Though, when she did that, William's foot flew out and kicked her unprotected side. "Ack!" A small bit of blood flew from her mouth as she flew to the side. Her body was in pain but she struggled to get up, shaking on her feet.

Her hands moved and grabbed her gun, shooting as William reached for his sword after he had made his way to the chained up weapon while she was down. He let out a growl, lunging at her again, this time she dodged, falling on her back and kicking him in the stomach harshly. William howled in pain as the force propelled him into the elevator shaft, his back hitting it before he dropped out of view.

Angel sighed, feeling her headache disappear, it still wasn't enough to get the pain to disappear though. Dragging herself to the computer, she knew she didn't have any time to actually check on Jeremie and only hope that he was able to survive the fall and not lose too much blood. 

Her hands pulled her into the computer chair and she quickly began to type, her hand moved to the enter key after a series of codes were completed. Thank goodness she had a year of study beforehand.

Suddenly, a harsh force hit Angel's head and she was out cold as her head landed on the keys. "Sorry Angel.... I can't let you- oh....oops, maybe she won't kill me later." A boy scratched his head nervously before pressing the key.

"Return to the past, now."

(⊙_⊙)(*'>д<)\( ̄<  ̄)>ヽ(`Д')ノ

Angel blinked as she found everyone looking at her once more. She scowled, "the hell are you all looking at?!" She asked rudely, successfully getting everyone to go back to what they were doing. "Tch, idiots." She turned back to the group of friends. "What?"

Odd threw an arm over her shoulder, "nothing at all Angel! You're always so nice in your own way." Angel rolled her eyes as they laughed and then she pursed her lips. "Hey, what happened? How did we get back....?" Angel questioned, trying to think of what happened before. "Uhhh...we don't know why but William had knocked you out and when I got there, you had most of the pass code entered. I hit William and pressed enter while we fought." Jeremie pronounced proudly.

I gave him a blank look, "you were the one that blitz attacked me, aren't you?" He shrunk and played with his fork. "Yes ma'am..." I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "As long as were back, I don't care."

Jeremie looked surprised, then frowned a little. "Angel, we still have to run a few tests. XANA could still be trying to control you." I give him a blank look, "it is." They all look surprised and immediately stand up, hauling me out the cafeteria awkwardly.

Ulrich kneels down slightly to reach my height and I smile, "hey there gummy." He turns a little pink but manages to keep his serious face. "Angel, how long ago did you realize he was still fighting for control?"

I sigh and lay back on the ground, "giving me all those headaches really backfired. Didn't they Xana?" I retort to no one in particular and begin to laugh. A tear slides down my cheek as I laugh, the pain almost unbearable. If it weren't for the headaches he gave me awhile ago, I would've given in by now.

"Uh....Jer? Can you explain this?" I vaguely hear Odds voice. "This has to be a lot of pain for her... Let's go to my dorm room. Pick her up. Angel, whatever you do, don't pass out." As I laugh, my eyes move to Jeremie and I weakly nod, giving him the okay.

Shit, it hurts like a bitch.

%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%-%

So um...hi y'all. I'm not gonna make any excuses or promises.

Vote...
Comment...
Follow...

~Animeandmusic