Ryan is basically me here

Ryan was late. He knew that. He blamed his dad for that and he knew that he shouldn't rely so much on his father to get him to school. It was partly his own fault though. His phone was smashed so he didn't have his alarm which also contributed to the problem.

I should just call Gabe to get me to school. It'd be so much easier. I should also wake up on time!

But no. Ryan had woken up at 8:15 that morning and had about twenty minutes before he had to get to school. Of course, with the immense pain of his bruised tailbone, it had taken longer for him to get to school. It had taken him ten minute just to get his uniform on. Then to brush his hair, pull his gloves on and eyeliner okay enough so that he didn't look like Pete Wentz, his English teacher, it had taken another five.

By the time he was ready to go and roused his dad from his slumber on the couch, it was 8:46 and Ryan knew he was late. His dad had grumbled at him for being a useless nobody who always tends to make things worse than they need to be and Ryan just nodded. To be honest, he kinda agreed with his dad. He just followed behind and let himself wallow in selfhate and doubt.

It was a fifteen minute drive to his school and he kept his eyes on the clock, his leg jogging up and down, shaking his body. His hands shook as he opened the car door and said goodbye to his dad who drove off in a cloud of dust.

8:52. I have around eight minutes to get to form.

So he was now trying to run as fast as he could to his form room before the 9:00 bell went for first period. Unfortunately, the bell went as he bumped into the school principal, Mr Hurley, who took one look at Ryan.

'Get rid of that make-up this instant,' his eyes narrowed as he saw the gloves on Ryan's hands. Mr Hurley just sighed and handed Ryan a detention slip. He looked down at the orange paper then back up at the principal.

I bet somebody five dollars that this day will get worse. I mean, I'm already late to my class. I've got a detention for my make-up and gloves. Let's see what else goes wrong!

He walked (or hobbled) to his first class which happened to be English. Great. I get to stare at Mr Wentz's weird ass fucking eyeliner.

Ryan had to admit it, the guy looked like a panda sometimes. Checking the time on the clock on the wall, he realised he had about two seconds before the second bell went and then he'd be in major trouble.

Running as quickly as he could, Ryan made it to his English classroom just as the second bell went and plopped his bag down in the rack and took out his English book. Looking up, he saw Gabe making wild hand gestures and mouth words Ryan couldn't make out. With a frown, Ryan shook his head and went to line up behind the rest of his class.

Gabe eventually made his way over and punched Ryan lightly on the shoulder. With a wince, Ryan turned to Gabe with a raised eyebrow.

'Ry, we have a new student! His name's Brendon and apparently he moved from LA! Can you imagine that?' Gabe exclaimed and Ryan's throat closed up. His heart was beating in his chest and he was 98% sure his gloves had sweat patches on them.

He's in this class. Oh god. Oh god. I was right. This day did get worse!

'Yeah, I did. I met him yesterday. He's pretty cool.' Apart from the fact that he plays a fucking string instrument! Gabe looked at Ryan weirdly and narrowed his eyes.

'You feeling okay? You look pale.' And Brendon chose that exact moment to re-entire Ryan's life by running into Gabe before slinging his bag onto the portracks. Gabe shot Brendon an offended look but Brendon didn't notice, much to Gabe's dismay. With a sigh, Ryan watched Brendon grab out his books and turn around, eyes widening at the sight of Ryan.

'Shouldn't you be resting with your sore ass? I mean, it was pretty bruised yesterday.' Brendon said, coming to stand beside Gabe whose eyes widened. Looking backwards and forth between the two of them, he gasped.

'Wait, you fucked? Damn Ryan. Didn't peg you for a bottom!' He squealed and both Brendon and Ryan blushed. Both of them looked at each other before looking at their feet.

'N-no. He bumped into me yesterday and I fell on my ass.' Besides, I'm a Top with a capital T, Gabe. You should know that.

Brendon nodded at Ryan's words as the teacher strolled by and told them 'to get their twink asses into the classroom or he'll whip them.'

Gabe snorted and walked through the door, taking at seat the back with Brendon and Ryan beside him.

'Is he allowed to speak to us like that?' Brendon whispered as Mr Wentz started writing on the board and instructed the whole class to write it down.

'Technically no but Pete doesn't actually give a fuck.' Gabe mumbled and looked across Ryan to stare at Brendon. Brendon made an 'o' shape with his mouth and went back to writing.

Ryan couldn't help but stare at Brendon. He was fucking beautiful. Ryan wanted him in both a sexual and none sexual way.

I haven't had sex with a dude since I fucked Gabe. How long ago was that?

Ryan couldn't remember. Too long. Maybe seven months or so ago. Since then, he's had plenty of sex with women and a few dates with his own hand.

I wonder if Gabe's forgotten. I mean, he was pretty wasted.

With a shrug, Ryan turned back to his own work and smirked to himself.

* * *

English and Music passed in a blur and Ryan hated to admit it but it was lunchtime and he was fucking dreading it. More than likely, knowing his shit luck today, Brendon would want to hang with him.

The trio walked from music to the oval in silence, Ryan placing one foot in front of the other carefully as not to trip. Brendon kept glancing up at Ryan before looking back at the floor in front of him with a sad grin. Gabe just chewed on his gum and whistled loudly.

'So, I'm craving a smoke and I'm out. Anyone wanna go to the corner store?' Brendon broke the awkward silence eventually and Ryan nodded, keeping his eyes trained to his shoes.

'You're fucking weird, Ryan.' Gabe spoke up, his eyes trained on his best-friend.

I can't help it. I'm sorry.

You see, Ryan was OCD about a few things. Walking along the edges of the footpaths whenever he had to walk. Personal space. Knowing about places they go to a few days before. He had a set routine for everyday of the school week and if it was disrupted, well, Ryan felt like everything was out of place. If he didn't wear his gloves every day, he felt like something was off. He honestly hated half his habits and didn't know how to change them.

Gabe sighed and dragged Ryan off the edge and Ryan yelled, eyes widening before he jumped back up. Brendon raised an eyebrow at Gabe and the two of them seemed to be having a conversation.

Probably talking about how fucking weird I am. Or that I'm a shit person.

Ryan frowned and stopped walking as Gabe and Brendon kept talking and went ahead. Self-doubt set in Ryan and he wanted to cry.

Look at them. They're already becoming good friends. And Ryan realised at that moment that he didn't take his medication that morning.

Fuck. That kinda explains it. For fucksakes. And he lowered his head, counting his steps along the edge of the pathway as Gabe called out his name, telling him to hurry up.

---

So, two updates. I'll probably go back tomorrow and add and edit stuff but I'm tired rn.

Xo, Riley

((wattpad is being a fucking bitch))