And shit has hit the fan now

I fucking knew this would come back eventually. Ryan sighed and just kept his eyes on the cello case. He hated to admit it, but, he did know.

It'd been a few weeks since Brendon had spoken to Ryan about joining. He had suspected that Gabe knew but then he'd always realise that Gabe wasn't that smart. His friend was quite dense at times.

It must've been recently if his cello was here. It wasn't there last Thursday afternoon. So either Friday or earlier today.

Ryan nodded and Gabe rounded on him, disbelief written all over his face mixed with hurt and rage.

'Mr Weekes! I need to speak to Ryan outside.' Gabe yelled and Mr Weekes just nodded and Gabe pulled Ryan up. Ryan stumbled to his feet with a yelp as pain flared up in his ass. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Gabe gripped Ryan's shoulder tightly and pulled him outside. He shut the door and turned to Ryan, a really angered expression plastered on his face. Gabe raised an eyebrow.

'Okay yes I knew. I knew that Brendon played cello. I knew he played strings and that he wanted to sign up. What I didn't know, was when he fucking did it.' Ryan admitted, fucking terrified of Gabe.  He was slightly pissed himself. Why the fuck is Gabe so mad about this? None of this is his business!

'Why didn't you tell me?' Gabe asked quietly and Ryan shrugged, fiddling with his gloves. I'll kiss the person that comes out here and stops this. I really don't want to do this.

And really, Ryan didn't His anxiety and panic were starting to kick in and his fear was taking a comfortable seat in his head, taunting him and saying, I fucking hope Gabe drops your gay ass and you end up alone. Ryan hated conflicts more than anything. He hated anything that threatened his comfort zone and relationships. It felt like a kick in the ass and goose-bumps on his skin.

Before Ryan could reply, Spencer Smith, one of the percussion kids, stuck his head out the door and mumbled, 'Mr Weekes said you had to get inside and finish unpacking. We're about to start.' Before disappearing back inside. And Ryan wanted to sigh in relief. He'd be excused from Gabe's interrogation for an hour. I could kiss Spencer right now!

'This conversation isn't fucking over Ryan.' Gabe snapped before heading back inside, the thump of the door closing making Ryan jump. He honestly wanted to cry. I could lose Gabe so something so silly after years of friendship amongst other things. He headed back inside and took his flute out, taking his spot beside Keltie who just rolled her eyes at him.

Ryan's heart felt heavy as he raised his flute to his lips, eyes on Mr Weekes.

* * * * *

Throughout the whole entire hour, Ryan could feel Gabe's eyes on him, despite that the music was new and pretty fucking hard and that Gabe was two rows behind Ryan.

'Ryan, stay behind and pack up please.' Mr Weekes said, packing up his trumpet. Ryan nodded and set his flute in the storage. He sat on one of the chairs and waited for everyone else to leave before he began packing up the stands and chairs and making sure all the cases were neatly stacked away.

Mr Weekes sat at his desk, fiddling with sheets of music. Ryan glanced at Mr Weekes every so often, hoping the teacher would strike up a conversation but he didn't. So Ryan just sighed and organised the cases until you could see the floor in the room.

Twenty minutes later, he turned to Mr Weeks, playing with his hands.

'Uh, sir, I'm all done.' To prove his point, he swept his arm in a grand gesture around the now empty music room. Mr Weekes nodded, clearly impressed.