All These Skeletons, And You're The Loveliest One.

Ryan had fallen asleep half way through their movie marathon with his head on Gabe's shoulder and soft noises coming out of his mouth.

Both boys had headed over to Ryan's place to gather his things. Gabe had kept look out while Ryan had climbed into the window. A duffel bag sat near the window.

For years, Ryan had kept a duffel bag right near his window, packed with clothes and toiletries he'd need just in case he needed to make a quick exit and sprint to Gabe's house. He'd grabbed it, thrown it down to Gabe who caught it with a 'fuck' and then jumped down himself.

Gabe didn't want to move him at all. His best friend looked so cute snuggled into him and fast asleep. It made his heart race in a way that scared him. Ryan mumbled in his sleep, something about tomato soup and Brendon and a spike of jealously shot through him. He frowned and looked down at Ryan who had a small little smile on his face. He pushed the hair off Ryan's face who began to stir, mumbling words as his eyes shot open, frantic and panicked. Eventually, he relaxed and smiled up at Gabe and Gabe's heart rate picked up its pace a little.

Ryan sat up, yawning, hair sticking up in wild directions and it was so fucking cute Gabe felt like he was about to combust.

'Hey. I fell asleep didn't I?' Ryan's voice was hoarse and croaky from sleep and Gabe's heart fluttered in his chest. He's so cute. He thought to himself.

'Yeah. You did.' Gabe stuttered out and Ryan sat up, grabbing his phone off the arm rest. He flicked through his notifications and smiled every so often. He turned to Gabe and smiled slightly, putting his phone back down and snuggling back into his best friend's hold. His head rested in Gabe's lap and Gabe played with his hair.

* * * *

Ryan was trying to get ready for school the next morning, his fingers quickly fastening up his buttons and his eyes were on Gabe. Gabe had his back to Ryan and he looked fine. To anyone that wasn't Ryan, Gabe seemed fine. But to Ryan, he knew Gabe was stressed or pissed.

Ryan finished buttoning up his shirt as Gabe turned around, his eyes landing on Ryan's fingers. Both boys just stared at each other for a while, looking each other up and down and the air was thick with tension. Ryan just couldn't place what type.

'I'm not going to school today. I can't be bothered.' Gabe mumbled as his mum poked her head in the door.

'Oh Ryan. Didn't realise you were over, honey! How's life?' She asked, leaning against the door and Ryan shrugged. One thing he kind of hated about Gabe's house was how nosey his mother was. He didn't like talking to her.

'It's all good for now.' He lied and looked at Gabe who gave him a thumbs up.

'How's the flute?' She asked, watching her son. 'Gabe get dressed. You're going to school.'

'Uh it's going good. I love it. We were given another piece actually.' He rambled and Gabe just smiled. He fucking loved Ryan.

'Ah that's good honey. Gabe never practises. Maybe you'll have to convince him?' Ms Saporta teased and left the room.

'And we both know that'll never fucking happen.' Gabe said, causing Ryan to let out a giggle.

'One thing I can't figure out is how you're still so good. Like, it took me years to get my notes to flow properly but you can look at a piece of music and pretty much play it flawless.' Ryan pouted and Gabe pretended that a tear rolled down his cheek.

'Maybe I'm just talented.' He said, his voice laced with cockiness.

'Uh huh. Sure.' Ryan rolled his eyes and let the tension fall over them. It kind of choked Ryan.