Chapter 10

Alissa

I just sat there , on the toilet floor , just zoned out and lost in my thoughts .

The dog suddenly barked and started attacking my face with licks . " Get off me ! That's disgusting !" I shouted .

It continued licking me and I ended up just laughing and playing with it . It ran out the bathroom and I just watch it go .

Since my love life with Zach is probably on the rocks and my love life with Edwards is most probably never happening , I should sit alone , eat popcorn and cry over watching ' The Notebook '.

I honestly thought I would cry while watching this film , but I'm so distracted by everything that I only watched like the first 5 minutes of it . Sorry Ryan Gosling , you have a beautiful face , but I'm only attracted to one person , and that person is obviously never gonna be mine .

Can't believe I actually like Edwards ! It's like once he stepped into my life , the spark Zach and I had was *Poof * gone just like that .

I suddenly got a text from Simone , ' Mind if I come around your place for a while later .' I agreed and got up to find the puppy . Totally forgotten about it . I walked around the house , but I couldn't find it . " Doggy ? Where are you ? " It's like I'm playing hide and seek with a 5 year old .

The door bell suddenly ringed and I groaned , " I'll find you later little invisible puppy ." I whispered to myself . I ran to my front door and opened it revealing Simone standing there with a big smile plastered on her face .

She walked in and greeted me . " So this is very last minute ," she sat down on the couch and I sat down as well , " I'm getting married next week ." I literally choked on my own saliva . " What !? " I managed to say before I started coughing uncontrollably .

She giggled at me and I placed one finger in front of her face , " That is not funny . And you only told me now ? Am I gonna be your -" She cut me off and said , " Yes. You are gonna be my maid of honor . And I sent all the invitations a long time ago , I just told you though."

" Can I see your dress ?" I asked excitedly . " I don't have one yet ." Nearly choked on my saliva again , " We are going shopping tomorrow for my dress and your dress ." she continued .

" Can I just wear jeans and a nice blouse ? I hate dresses ." She just stared at me with a not so amused face , " I'm joking , I'm joking . Someone's on their period ."

Judging by her facial expression , she was on her period . " Hah ! I knew it . You always can't take a joke when it's the time of the month . You're always moody and shit ." She was still not cracking a smile, " I'll stop talking now . " I mumbled .

She finally smiled and I sighed in relief . " I thought you lost your smile forever and end up looking like a vampire on your wedding day ." She rolled her eyes and continued smiling . " I love you best friend ." I said as I hugged her . " Love you too ."

We both sat there in a comfortable silence .

" Was your parents a pain in the ass cause I know they wanted you to get married right on the day you told them you were engaged ." I said as I let go of her , totally ruining the moment .

" You never fail to ruin the moment , Alissa . But yeah , I wanted to chop off my parent's head because every time I visit them , the first question will be ' How are you ?' Then the second question will be ' When are you getting married ?' "

" I bet the number one question you'll be ask by them when you're married will be , ' When are you having children?' "

Simone and I continued talking for a while until it was getting pretty late . She wrote a reminder in my phone that we're going shopping tomorrow and then she left .

I let out a big sigh when she left . Why can she and Luke be so happy while I'm just sitting at home wondering weather Zach is cheating on me ? She's getting married and I'm still barely in a serious relationship . She's even 2 years younger than me !

I punched the wall and immediately regretted it after that .

" What are you doing ?!" a voice shouted . Dammit , it's Edwards .

Suddenly he appeared like a blue spirit and again , healed me . " Can you stop healing me ?!" I screamed harshly . He stepped back and sadly stared at me . " But why -"

" Because ... Because ... Nothing ." I couldn't tell him my feelings for him . "Come on Alissa . Speak to me ." He begged .

I burst out crying and gave him a shock . " Please go and leave me alone ." I begged this time . " N-" " Please ! Go !" I cut him off again .

He frowned and disappeared . I dropped on the ground and lied on the wall .

" Why can't I just have a perfect love story ? Why must I fall in love with someone I barely know and doesn't exist ? Why ? Tell me why earth ? What have I ever done to deserve this ?"