Chapter 13

Alissa
I woke up with tears on my cheeks , neck and even my clothes were slightly wet .

I didn't have the strength to get up so I just lie there , like it was my last day on earth and on a hospital bed . I used all my strength just to turn my head and I regret using my strength when I saw the note Edwards gave me .

Why did I put it there !

My eyes started watering and my mouth was trembling . I slammed my head back on the pillow and hugged my other pillow . And started crying again .

After crying for a long time , I had the strength to get up but I was afraid because there may be a flood because of all the tears I've cried .

I pulled myself up and checked weather the floor was flooded with water .

Okay , of course it was not flooded , but you never know .

I stepped onto the cold floor and wobbled my way to the bathroom . I looked into the mirror and it looked like I was in a very bad accident .

My hair was tangled , I had dark circles , my cheeks were still wet and I looked like I haven't slept in years .

I need a shower .

I stripped off my clothes and climbed into the shower . It is much better to cry while you're in the shower since you can't see your tears . Because it's mixed into the running water .

I just stared at the shower walls , not even doing anything . After some time , I turned off the water since my skin started looking like prunes .

I dried myself and slip back on my clothes . I walked to my dressing table and noticed a note there .

Please don't be from Edwards .

I lift it up and saw Zach , written at the end . Phew , it's from Zach .

' You seemed a little angry and sad when you were sleeping . Your eyebrows where furrowed , you were pouting and even sweating . Are you okay ? Please call me later . Love , Zach '

Oh really ? Does he really care ? If he cared , he would have stayed at home and wait for me to wake up . Not just leave me a stupid note and head off to work . Who knows what he's doing there . He could be lying the whole time .

I left the note there and didn't bother about it .

Maybe I should pay him a visit ? Nah , not today . I just feel like staying at home and die .

I lazily made my way down the stairs , I was about to walk into the kitchen but turned right around because I didn't have any appetite to eat .

Geez... This is horrible . There's never been a time where I was not hungry .

Suddenly , a memory of Edwards saying that he can eat a lot but never gain weight , entered my mind .

I frowned and tried my best to shake away the memory . It worked slightly , but it was still roaming in my mind . I plopped down on the living room sofa and hugged a pillow .

I grabbed my phone to call Simone , but immediately put it back down when I remembered that she is really busy , balancing work and preparing for her wedding .

I wish I was working , why didn't Ellie just give me a week off instead of 2 weeks . It would really get Edwards off my mind if I was doing something instead of sitting around and eating .

I got up and decided to clean the house . That may help .
...
Never mind , not helping at all ! The house is so clean that there's not even a single dust . The bathroom smells better than flowers. The prime minister could freaking live here .

But all I could think of was ... You know who ...

I plopped back down on the couch and let out a long sigh .

I took the remote and switch on the television .

It was showing Romeo & Juliet , of them kissing . I rolled my eyes and changed the channel . It landed on a cooking channel , there won't be any lovey-dovey stuff here .

I watched for like a minute and the chef said " Now , I'll be making Valentine's Day cakes and cookies ." I lost my temper and almost threw the remote at the television . I calmed down and switched it off .

I sat there and stared out the window . The longer I stared , the more of what happened sinked in . My frowned became bigger and bigger and soon I was about to cry . I quickly wiped away the tears and breathe in deeply .

Be strong Alissa . You won't let a stupid boy , let you become weak .

Slowly , one by one , tears start falling and I kept wiping them away . I want Simone here , she's the only one that I trust . I just want to hug her and hear her say " It's okay ." or " I'm here for you ."

The bell suddenly rang and I looked out the window . Simone was standing there .

Never mind , I don't want her to come and comfort me . She'll ask me what happened and I have no excuse .

Oh god ...

I quickly stumbled to the bathroom and clean myself up slightly . My eyes were slightly red and puffy . Just great .

The bell rang again and I ran out to open the door . " Hello ." I greeted as I let her in . " Hello Ali ."

She held my hand and then pulled me to the living room and we sat down .

" Why have you been crying ?" Goddammit , why does she read people like a book . Of course , I decide to deny it .

" No . What are you talking about ?" I denied innocently , although I was about to burst .

" Don't lie to me . I can read anyone like a book ."

" I wish you couldn't ." I whimpered as I suddenly burst into tears and lie on her shoulder . She patted my head and hugged me .

Just what I wanted all day , a nice warm hug . It's like I'm pregnant , but my craving was a hug and a shoulder to cry on .

" Now tell me ... What happened ?" she asked as she look me straight in the eye .

I inhaled deeply . Well , I don't really have a choice , but to tell the truth right ?

" Simone , don't freak out . But I have something very weird to tell you . And I don't know how'll you react ."