Masquerade

Mikayla's POV:

I ride my motorcycle home, followed by Emily in her car and Gabby and Kailee in Gabby's car. We arrive at my house, only to find three vehicle more then usual.

"Did your dad go buying more vehicles?" Kailee asks. The three extra vehicles are one motorcycle (like my brothers), a blue sports car, and a red Ferrari. My dad would buy a sports car and a Ferrari, but not a motorcycle.

"I don't think so," I reply.

The girls get their dresses and accessories our of their cars and I keep my eyes on the vehicles. They seem familiar. We walk into my house and I find out who those vehicles belong to. It's Gavin's black motorcycle with orange/red flames, Isaiah's blue sports car, and Caleb's red Ferrari. What were they doing here?

They all look at us when we walk in. "Kristina, I'm home!" I yell letting Kristina know I was here.

"Okay!" I hear her yell from somewhere in the house.

"Now, what are you guys doing here?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"What are you girls doing here?" Michael asks.

"I asked you first," I reply childishly.

He rolls his eyes at me. "We're getting ready," Caleb answers.

"No, we are supposed to be getting ready here. Aren't you supposed at Gavin's house?" I ask Michael.

"Nah," Gavin answers.

I glare at him. "Really, you have your friends answer your questions?" I ask and he shrugs. I roll my eyes. "Come on." I lead the girls up to my room. I have the worst brother ever, with the worst friends ever. They kept knocking on my door while we got ready. Gabby finally told them off and they kept their mouth shut and stopped bothering us. We all look at ourselves in the mirror. I'm wearing a light pink dress with black lace around the middle, with black long gloves, black steletos, and a black mask, with feathers on the right. Kailee is wearing a turquoise dress that was sort of peacock themed, with a masked and shoes that match and a perfect jewelry set. Emily's dressed in a purple silky dress with black along the middle, with black lacey shoes and a black mask. Gabby's wearing a black dress with some gold and teal and a black mask, with a black heals.

"We look good," Gabby complements.

"And hopefully, unrecognizable," Emily adds.

We walk out of my room, completely ready, masks on, and see the guys hanging out in the living room. They don't have masks. I quickly make note of what they are wearing in my mind. Their eyes widen and Caleb and Isaiah's mouths fall open.

"Look, spider!" Gabby yells and Isaiah jumps. The girls and I laugh.

"Let's go," I say and we all hop into Emily's car and drive off to school.

I'm pop a chip into my mouth as someone comes up to me.

"Hey, wanna dance?" he asks. I politely shake my head. I am a terrible slow dancer. He quietly walks away with a frown on his face. I kind of feel bad, but then again I don't even know him.

"Hey, that was the third guy who has asked you to dance and you've turned them all down," Emily says.

"I'm not really in the dancing mood. Plus, I'm a terrible dancer. I'll just make a fool of myself," I say over the loud music.

"Well, I've finished dancing. That last guy I danced with stepped on my feet one too many times," she says. "See you're not the only one who's a bad dancer."

"Thanks... I guess," I reply. We both giggle.

Emily and I talked for a little before we were joined by Gabby. Then, by Kailee. Kailee told us about how she was dancing with this really amazing guy. She talked about how he was so handsome and how he seemed familiar, so at least she knew him.

"Kailee, you just met him and you already like him," Emily says.

"I never said I liked him. I'm just saying that he's really cool and really cute," Kailee says.

"You know, he's wearing a mask, so you don't really know what he looks like," I give her a smile.

"Well, from what I can see, he's pretty cute," Kailee replies.

"So, he's pretty and cute?" Gabby giggles. She always says that when we say 'pretty cute' or 'pretty hot' or something like that.

"Sure, if that's the way you want to put it," Kailee giggles with her. We all end up laughing. We all continue to talk about different things. We laugh and enjoy the music. We stuff our mouths with food. It's pretty fun.

Suddenly, some masked guy came up behind Kailee. "Close your eyes," he says playfully.

"Oh, hey. Guys, this is the guy I was telling you about," Kailee says with a smile. I looked at him and I looked at what he is wearing. He backs up a little away from Kailee.

I have a digusted face when I realize who it is. "Kailee, you know that, that is-" I am cut off when something is dumped on me and my friends. It's extremely freezing. Green is what I see dripping in front of my eyes. I look down and see that I'm covered in this stuff. My dress! My shoes! The odd substance is extremely slimey and gooey. It was the same exact thing that I used for my fourth grade science project.

"Ahhh! Slime!" Gabby yells.

Boys laugh. Gavin, Michael, Caleb, and Isaiah are laughing their heads off.

"I can not believe you guys did that," I say, shocked at what they had just done. It's not the first time they had pulled some dumb prank on us. They did this for two reasons: one, to prove they were bad boys and two, because we are one of the only people to be 'rude' to them. But, this time we're going to fight back.

"Oh, it's on bad boys," Emily says, taking the words right out of my mouth.