Double Dates

Mikayla's POV:

The day went by fast. Soon enough, that last bell rang. I meet Kailee in the parking lot. Since she picked me up today, she was my ride.

"Hey," Kailee says.

"Hey," I say.

"So, we are going to go hang out with Isaiah and Gavin," she says.

"What?" I ask confuse.

"Come on, I know you like him and he likes you. You guys kiss like you've been married for twenty years and have just admited you like each other. Fact, I bet that is wasn't the first time when you guys kissed at the dance," Kailee replies.

"Ok, true," I say.

"So, Isaiah and I were going to be hanging out. And we know that if you guys like each other then you would want to hang out. We also know it's impossible because of everyone else. So, we are all going to hang out."

"Like a double date?"

"Precisely, now get it," Kailee says. We get into her Toyota Hybrid Roadster. I see that she parks in the parking lot of the Vila Plaza.

"Here, you're going to need this," she had me a pair of sunglasses. "It's unbelievable how much people don't notice you in sunglasses."

"Why do we need sunglasses?" I ask, putting on the turquoise pair of shades.

"Because, you never know who you're going to encounter. This might not be a small place, but it's not a big one either. And people know people. Isaiah and I do it all the time now."

"Sure, but does it ever bother you that you just can't go out with him freely?" I ask her. Her smile turns into a frown.

"Yeah, sort of. But everyone knows us as the good girls and them as the bad boys. They know a rivalry between us. And beside. What about Michael, Emily, Gabby, and Caleb. They would probably be mad at us. I don't want to lose my friends and neither does he. No matter how much we want to just let this secret out," Kailee explains.

"Yeah, I get it," I say. "Make sense. I mean, look at me. I like my brother's best friend. It sounds like something in a romance novel," we both laugh.

"Yeah, secret love. Your brother's best friend. For him, his best friend's sister. For me, it's longer. It's my best friend's brother's best friend. For him, it's his best friend's sister's best friend," we both laugh.

"It so weird," I say.

"Yeah," Kailee agrees. "Well, shall we go meet the boys?"

"I guess we shall," I say and we both get out of her blue car. We walk over to where we see two guys leaning against the walls, in between two stores. It was pretty much a dark ally, but the sun shed some light at the beginning. They both word dark sunglasses.

"So, you're going with this too?" I ask Gavin, giving him a half smile. I can tell Isaiah and Kailee are kissing behind me.

"What? It's not a bad idea. And it gives us time to hang out. Besides, we kinda look cool, admit it," Gavin says, placing his arms around my waist.

"Fine, we look cool and it does give us time to hang out," I say. He places his lips against mine and gives me a soft kiss. "Well, we going to hang out of not?"

"Totally," Kailee says and we drag the boys out of the ally. "Ooh, let's get icecream."

"Sure, but you guys aren't going to put maple syrup in it, right?" Gavin asks.

I chuckle. "I don't think so. Kailee?"

"Not this time," Kailee replies and we all laugh.

We walk into the icecream shop. "You know it kinda feels weird hanging out like this," Gavin whispers to me.

"Yeah, but is bad?" I look over at Kailee and Isaiah joking around with each other. Like they've been dating forever. They look so happy. And here I am, worrying about who might see us together. It could be game over. My rep destroyed and so will Gavin's. Isaiah and Kailee are like the perfect couple. I mean, just look at them. Laughing and booping each other's noses. Staying close together. How do they do it?

"Hey, look at me," Gavin says, taking my chin and turning it to face him. "I like you. Like I mean really like you. And, I've never felt like this. That's a good thing. You're different, and I like that. You're not affraid to be rude or sarcastic to me and that's awesome. So, stop worrying that someone will find out or that we aren't good. Because, I want to ask you to be my girlfriend. So what do you say?"

I smile at him. "Yes. And I'll take a Cookie Dough, double scoop," I say as I realize that we are at the front of the line. We both five a short laugh. Gavin repeats the order to the woman at the cash register and for himself, he orders Rocky Road double scoop. Then he pays for our icecreams and we get back to our conversation.

"So, that's a yes, right?" Gavin asks.

"Yes, it's a yes. You know you didn't have to say all that stuff," I reply.

"But, I wanted to," he says.

"What happened to Gavin?" I pretend to be shocked.

"Hey, I'm still me," Gavin says and we both laugh.

"Yeah, just sweeter," I say.

"Yeah, but don't tell anyone," Gavin jokes. We both smile. Then, a guy hand is our icecream. Kailee and Isaiah join us with their icecream. Kailee had Strawberry Cheescake, while Isaiah had Mint Chocolate Chip. Everyone had double scoop. We sit at a booth and talk. Once we finish our icecreams, we walk out back to the plaza.

"So, what should we do now?" Kailee asks.

"Well..." Gavin starts.

"There's an arcade we can go to," Isaiah finishes.

"Okay, then, let's go," I say and we walk over to the arcade, which was just a couple stores down.

We walk in to see flashing lights from games. Gavin pulls out a ten and gets two hundred tokens. Thing about this place was that it didn't cost much. Isaiah does the same getting tokens for him and Kailee. We split the tokens so that each of us have about the same.

Gavin and I walk over to skee ball. We were going to play against each other.

"I'm so going to win," Gavin says.

"In your dreams," I smile.

"Skee ball's my game," Gavin says.

"We'll see about that," I say as we insert our tokens.

We start our game and we say things like 'yeah' or 'yes' when we score big and 'you're going down' and 'you wish'. In the end, I won.

"Skee ball is my game," I say with a smile.

"Sure, but I'll beat you at basketball," he motions to the hoops game near by, where you go up against a person and you have one minute to make as many hoops as possible. Person with the highest points wins.

"You're on," I say with a smile.

We play and after one minute he has thirty-two points while I have twenty-eight. He won.

"Not bad, but basketball is defiantly my game," he smiles.

"Sure," I say. We spend the rest of our tokens playing different games like Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, and Space Invaders. It was pretty fun. After the arcade we walked around abit before heading back to the ally where we started this double date.

"See, it wasn't that bad, was it?" Gavin asks me. Kailee and Isaiah are once again kissing behind us.

"No, it wasn't that bad," I say smiling. I plant a small, short kiss on his lips. "Come on Kailee, I need to get home before my dad starts asking questions."

"Okay, let's go," Kailee says. "Bye."

"Bye," Isaiah say.

"Bye," I tell Gavin.

"Bye," he replies.

Our hands slip apart as I drag Kailee to her car. She drives me home. It's around five when I get home. I suddenly recive a text message from Emily.

Best thing ever! -Emily