New Boy

Emily's POV:

It was Monday. I just closed my locker, putting my French notebook in my bag. I didn't need my text book for first period, which was amazing. I turn around and see Michael and Jem with their tongues down each other's throats. Gross! I don't get how they do it. I didn't see Michael on Friday or over the weekend, so this was my chance to yell at him for what he did to us at the dance competition. One thing I have learned from Jem was that she is a major preppy girl with tons of school sprit. For her, no one messes with any school teams. This was perfect.

I walk over to them and tap Michael on the shoulder. They split and he glares at me.

"What do you want?" Michael asks.

"I'm sorry to interupt your gross make out session, but I just wanted to remind you that you are the sickest jerk face I have ever met. Really, syrup right after we won. That was really messed up, and now the whole dance team was drenched in syrup right after our victory. Such great school spirt," I say.

"You did that?" Jemma asked him. Before he could say a word, she continued. "I can't believe you. They won their competition and you just have to go and ruin it for them. That is messed up and low. We're over." She stomps away.

"Well, I didn't expect that to happen, but at least the poor girl wasn't hurt. My job's done, you deserve it," I say.

"Oh, Emily, you're going to regret this," Michael says.

"All I did was tell the truth. So, go ahead, give it your best shot. You already embarrassed our team, and I'm still not done with you," I say.

Before he can say something, he's interupted again. "Emily Maxwell, to the front office. Emily Maxwell."

Without a word I turn around and make my escape calmly. I make it to the front office just as the bell rings. Great now I'm going to be late for class. I didn't do anything wrong. I walk in and see Mrs. Korra and a guy my age by her. He was about two inches taller than me in unzipped red jacket that revealed a black shirt and dark jeans with white head phones around his neck. He was really hot. A redhead with gorgeous light blue eyes and pales skin, with light freckles. He was gorgeous with slightly built muscles in his arms.

"Miss Maxwell, please meet our new A student, Adam Greenswood," Mrs. Korra introduces.

"Mr. Greenswood, this is your tour guide, Emily Maxwell. She will be showing you around and talking to you about the school. Sadly you both will be missing first period. Now go on," Mrs. Korra says and walks away.

"Hi, Emily," he says and holds out his hand.

I take it and we shake hands. "Hi, Adam," I say with a smile. "So, where are you from?" I ask as we walk out of the front office. I'm taking him to the gym first.

"Ohio," he replies.

"That cool. I've been to Ohio once, and the first day I stepped in gum, got bird poop in my hair and my dumb cousin dumped his soda all over my new boots," I say and we both laugh.

"That must have been a bad day," he says.

"Yeah," I smile. "So, you're an A student?"

"Yeah, an occasional B here and there, you?"

"Same, it cool to have another A student," we both chuckle. "So, here's the gym." We walk in and see people doing gymnastics. It was the gymnastics unit. Gabby does a back hand spring over to me.

"Hey, who's this?" Gabby asks.

"Adam, this is my best friend, Gabby. Gabby, this is Adam, he's new here," I reply.

"Cool, nice to meet you," Gabby says.

"You too. I'm assuming you guys are in you gymnastics unit?" Adam asks.

"Yeah," I reply.

"Well, catch you later. You're out of fifth so we can practice, right?" Gabby asks. The dance team got permission to skip fifth period to practice.

"Yeah," I say and she nods and walks away. "We have a football, soccer, baseball, vollyball, and dance team. The dance team is practicing here today during fifth period."

"And you're on it?"

"Yeah," I reply to Adam.

We continue our tour and while walking from place to place I explain more about the school. Soon enough, we finish the tour.

"So, what's your second period class?" Adam asks.

"French, what about you?" I ask.

"Same," he says with a smile.

"Cool," I return the smile. "Then, I guess I'll lead you to it." We both chuckle.

"So, enough about the school, what about you?" Adam's question catches me off guard.

"What about me?" I ask.

"Well all I know about you is your name and that you're a good student. What are your hobbies?" Adam asks.

"Well, I'm a dancer and a writer. I'm actually on the school's paper committee. What about you?" I ask.

"I'm a dj, I like reading, and that's pretty much what I'm doing all the time," he replies.

"Impressive, not many guys are into reading," I chuckle.

"Well, what can I say?" He chuckles. "What's your favorite subject?"

"Reading."

"Me too. We've got a lot of things in common," Adam smiles.

"I guess so," I return the smile.

The bell rings. People rush out of classes. Noise fills the halls. Mikayla runs up to us.

"There you are. Who's him?" Mikayla asks.

"He's new. Adam meet my best friend Mikayla. Mikayla, Adam," I introduce.

"Hey," he says.

"Hi," Mikayla says. Then, she gives me a look that say 'you just scored big time'. Then someone bumps into her. She turns around. It's Gavin. They look at each other for a moment. "Watch where you're going, jerk!" Mikayla yells at him.

"Stop standing in the middle of the hallway, nerd," he says then walks away. Mikayla rolls her eyes when she turns back to us.

"Who's him?" Adam asks.

"Gavin Oakwood. One of the biggest jerks of this school. There are four bad boys, who are complete jerks. Gavin Oakwood, Isaiah Carter, Caleb Parker, and my brainless brother, Michael Allen. My advise is you stay away from them," Mikayla says as we enter French class.

"She's not wrong. They dumped syrup all over us after we won our dance competition last Thursday," I say.

"Yikes, that's pretty bad," Adam says.

"Yeah," Mikayla walks away as Michael comes in.

"That's Michael, and behind him is Caleb," I say as the two enter. He glares at me and I do the same, then look away.

"Oh," Adam says. "Thanks for the tour, by the way."

"No problem, it was cool," I smile.

"Hey, I was wondering if you'd like to hang out after school, and talk? You know, become friends. I could really use a few," Adam asks me. Something in me sparkles.

"Sure, why not? Meet me at Milkshake Palace," I reply.

"Great," Adam says and we take our seats. Yes!

"Bonjour, class!" Mrs. Freed, our French teacher, says.

"Bonjour," the class replies.

"Let's get started," Mrs. Freed begins our lesson.