Sleep over

Kailee POV:

"Okay, well bye. I'm at Mikayla's house. Talk to you later," I speak into my phone.

"Bye, I'll see you tomorrow?" says the voice on the other side of the conversation.

"Defiantly, most likley," I reply as I turn off the engine to my car, parking in Mikayla's drive way.

"Okay, bye," says the other voice. Then, I hang up.

I get out of my car, with my draw string bag, and walk over to Mikayla's doorstep . As I do, the door opens and two guys stand in front me: Michael and Isaiah. I roll my eyes and shove my way passed them.

"Ouch," I hear Isaiah say sarcastically. I smile and roll my eyes, not looking back at them, and walk up to Mikayla's room.

"Hey!" Gabby greets me with a smile.

"Hey," I greet back.

"Okay, pizza will be here in thirty minutes," Mikayla announces.

"Yay!" Emily cheers.

"Yep!" Mikayla squeals back.

A girl's gotta eat, right. We all laugh. It's seven- thirty pm. We talk and get dressed in our pajamas until the pizza arrives. Then, Mikayla popped popcorn and we ate as we watch The Last Drop Of Blood, a horror/romance movie. It was about a girl and this really scary ghost guy, who kills every guy the girl came in contact with. It's scary and slightly romantic, but more scary.

"That... was freaky," I say, once the movie is over.

"Yeah, lets never watch that again," Emily agrees, shaking.

I feel my hands are greasy from the pizza. What? I eat when I'm scared, others eat when their stressed. "I'm going to go wash my hands," I say as I exit Mikayla's bed room and walk to the bathroom.

I turn on the lights and start to wash my hands. I turn off the water and dry my hands as the lights start to fliker. Then, the water turns on. Then, off. It was like that scene in the movie, when Abigail (the girl) was taking a shower and as she was getting out the lights start to fliker before turning off completely. And when they are turned back on, there was blood on floor. Scary! I quickly walk out of the bathroom and into Mikayla's room.

"What's wrong?" Gabby asks.

"The lights were flickering in the bathroom and the water turned on and off by itself," I explain.

"Michael," Mikayla says. She walks out and we follow her. She barges into Michael's room. He's on his bed... reading? Since when does Michael Allen read?

"What?" Michael looks up.

"Since when do you read? Did all the girls get tired of you already?" Emily says sarcastically.

Michael just looks back down. I can almost see a smile in his face. What is that about?

"Don't try anything," Mikayla says and Michael just shruggs.

We walk back into Mikayla's room.

"Dance party?" Gabby suggests.

"Yeah!" we all agree.

"I'm going to get the marshmallows," Emily says as she walks out of the room.

Gabby puts on a song and plugs her phone into the speaker. The song playing is called 'True to your heart' by 98 degrees and Stevie Wonder. We dance crazily and eat marshmallows. This was normal in our sleep overs. Then, came the chocolate bars. Dance and candy is the best!

Suddenly, the music stopped and the lights turn off. It's around ten-thirty pm. Pitch black. Then the lights fliker before turning off again.

"It's the ghost of Kendrick!" Gabby screamed.

"Relax," Emily says in a shaking voice.

"I'll go check the power box," I say.

"Okay," Mikayla says, also in a shaking voice.

I am terrified. I walk out in my pj shorts and tanktop. It's freezing! I check the power box and see a few switches fliped off. I flip them to on and I see lights go on from the windows. I look around. Someone had turned off these switches. I walk just around the corner and see what looks like a blue car, a red one, and a small black figure, from what the moon light gives me.

"Hey, beautiful," says the voice from the phone conversation earlier. The blue car could only belong to one person.

"Hey... wait... what are you doing here?" I ask Isaiah.

"What? You're not happy to see me?" he asks, then kisses me.

Right, so here's the deal. Isaiah is my boyfriend, but no one else can know that. We've liked each other for a while and he asked me out during the masquerade. Of course I knew who I was dancing with. So, now we have a secret relationship.

"Yeah, but are you guys pranking us again?" I ask.

"You know, I don't want to prank you, but have to go along with it," Isaiah says, taking my hands in his.

"Yep, but you know we are going to get you back," I say with hint of laughter in my voice.

"Yeah," he leans in and kisses me again.

"I've got to go. If not, the girls are going to start thinking I was murdered by the ghost," I say and we both laugh. I give him a kiss in the cheek and walk back inside.

I walk into Mikayla's room.

"Oh, thank goodness you're okay," Gabby says, grabbing my shoulders.

"Yes, I'm fine. And nothing to worry about. It was the boys," I say.

"Ugh! How are we getting them back?" Gabby asks.

"Well..." Emily explains a plan she had to get them back and we all agree. Then, we fall asleep.

We wake up Monday morning. I am glad there was no school today. We take turns getting dressed in the bathroom, then we all eat breakfast.

"Michael and Gavin left for Caleb's house," Kristina informs us. Gavin was here earlier this morning, probably planing another prank with Michael.

Perfect! After breakfast we walk into Michael's room. I look at his desk and see two different phones. I tap the home buttons. One has an ice cream sundae as its screensaver, while the other has a black motorcycle with orange/red flames. I instantly know who's phones they belonged to. Gavin and Caleb.