Country Club

Mikayla's POV:

It was after school, on Friday, and Gabby and I are going to the mall to buy dresses for the party tomorrow. Sadly, Emily has to babysit and Kailee has to go to her cousin's house, so they can't make it. Gabby and I pull into the mall parking lot in my car. We shop and find the perfect dresses. They have to be fancy. On the invitation, it showed a picture of Juliet wearing her dress. It was a dress I would wear to the prom or a really fancy wedding. I knew it was fancy, but this was pretty fancy. But, we had found great dresses. Then, we eat at the food court and I dropped her off at her house.

I woke up Saturday morning at ten. The party started at noon. Which left me two hours to get ready. I walk to my closet and pull out my dress. I am wearing a light green strapless dress, that contained a silver bead design (that sort of reminded me of a wave) around where my ribs were. It wasn't long, it lands right above my knees. I slip on a pair of sliver heels that strap around my ankles. They only made me like two inches taller. I curl my hair and let it fall on my light tan shoulders. Then, I start to apply my makeup. After I apply concealer and powder, I start on my eyes. I apply eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner to create a simple smokey eye. I put on a light lipstick color. I strap a phone holder around my thigh and use it to hold my phone. I don't like carrying purses to any kind of parties, or pretty much anywhere.

The door bell rings. I grab my sliver shades and walk out of my room. The door bell rings again. I check the clock. 11:30. It should be Gabby. She was picking me up. I open the door excited.

"Oh. It's you," I say as I see Gavin the door way. I haven't really talked to him since last Sunday. When we... you know... kissed. Not saying I have feelings for him. Just- No! Nothing at all!

"Hey," he says.

He gives me an awkward smile during this awkward silence. Awkward! I find myself doing the same thing. What is going on? He's wearing a navy blue tux. His hair is normal. Still has that bad boy look to it. As I examine him, I notice he's doing the same. Then, our eyes lock.

"What?" I say when he gives me a smile.

"What?" Gavin asks, making his signature smirk.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him.

"Michael," he answers. Of course.

He stares at me. I wonder what he's thinking. He looks pretty cute. What am I saying? That's my annoying brother's annoying best friend! He's not cute! Or hot! Wait, where did hot come from? Out of nervousness, I bite the inside of my lip. What happening to us? This is crazy. He leans in a little and so do I.

A car horn pulls us into reality. Our eyes go wide.

"Not again," I tell him.

"What is happening?" he asks.

"Ask yourself that question," I say sarcastically and push passed him to Gabby's car. "Jerk."

"Gavin?" Gabby asks.

"Duh, who else?" I reply with a smile, which she returns. He's right, what is happening to us? I look at Gabby's dress. She's wearing a light blue, strapless dress, that is short in the front and long in the back. She had beaded swirls on her dress, the exact place where I have my beaded design on my dress. Her really light brown hair was down as well. Soon enough, we reach the country club.

It was huge. A man in a white fancy uniform escorted us to the ball room, where the party was being held. Before walking in, we put on our shades. She had light blue designer sunglasses. I still didn't get the idea of the sunglasses. We walk in to see a lot of people in fancy dresses and tuxedos. It is way fancier than homecoming. We approach Juliet, how's with our dance squad and a few other people we knew.