The Poetic Bad Boy

Gabby's POV:

I wake up Saturday morning. Today was the day I was finally going to meet the person I've messaging for the past year. Yeah, I know it's weird to have conversations with a person I didn't know, actually technically he goes to our school. Therefore, there is a possibility that I most likely know him. I mean, I know everyone at North East High. So, I know him, I just don't know who he is. Makes sense? Anyway, I'm meeting him today at Milkshake Palace. I arrive there, wearing a black long sleeve crop top with light blue high waisted skinny jeans (so my stomach wasn't showing) and matching it with black and white converse. My hair is in a high ponytail and my phone in my back pocket. I am so ready for this. This means a lot to me, because even though I don't like to admit it (even to myself) I've grown to like this guy, so he better be good.

There isn't many people here. There is only one table with a single guy on it. I had gotten a message about a minute ago saying that he was already here and that he is sitting alone. The guy is wearing a hat. I walk up to him.

"Hey, are you-" I don't finish because he turns around and I see who it is.

Caleb's POV:

I've been waiting for a couple of minutes before someone comes up to me.

"Hey, are you-" I turn around to face her. She doesn't finish her sentence. What was Gabby doing here? "What are you doing here?" She takes the words right out of my mouth.

"I'm waiting for someone. What are you doing here?" Please don't say the same thing. She can not be the girl I've been messaging. I actually grew to like this girl. Though, now that I think about it. It wouldn't be that bad if it were her.

"Does this person just so happen to be a girl that you've been messaging through a school account and that you told to meet you here today, so you can finally meet?" Gabby asks nervously. Yep, it was her.

I swallow air and nod slowly.

She sits across from me.

"And you're here because you've been messaging a guy through a school account and he told you to come here so you guys can meet?" I ask.

She nods slowly. It then struck me. If I liked this girl, and this girl just so happened to be Gabby, this mean I like Gabby. I like Gabby?!? I wasn't sad, I wasn't mad, I wasn't disappointed. To be honest, I was shocked and happy at the same time. We were silent for a moment. I really wanted to know what she was thinking.

"So, what now?" I ask.

"Did you mean what you messaged me?" Her question sort of through me off balance. "Even now that you know who I am?"

I like her. So, yes. I nod slowly. "I actually don't mind that it's you," I shrug. Play it cool.

"I actually don't mind it's you," she shrugs. A small smile makes its way onto my face. "So, when did you get into poetry?" We spent the best few hours talking, then we left. Without a word. We weren't going to tell anyone about this.

Gabby's POV:

I woke up Monday morning. I head to school and meet up with Mikayla, Emily, and Kailee. Suddenly Michael walks by. He looks like a total reck. His hair is a mess, there are bags under his eyes and he's not even in his usual jeans and t-shirt. He's wearing red basket ball shorts and, well, a t-shirt.

"What's wrong with him?" I ask.

"I have no clue. He's been like this since Saturday morning. Says he can't sleep. He's totally off. He even thought there was school Saturday," Mikayla answered.

"Weird," Emily says. She had that guilty look in her eyes, but I let it slide. Of course I haven't told any of the girls about Caleb. "We going to hang out after school today?"

"I can't, my dad says he's got something he needs to show Michael and I," Mikayla says.

"My mom wants me home right after school, sorry," Kailee replies.

"Well, I'm still good for today," I say.

"Okay. Well, it'll just be Gabby and I. Catch you guys later," Emily says.

When the school day ends, Emily and I head to the Vila Plaza for icecream.

Emily's POV:

All throughout the school day I was thinking. Barely paying any attention to the lessons in class, or anything around me for that matter. What was wrong with Michael? Did I? I feel bad for him. He thought there was school on Saturday! I told the girls part of what happened on Friday. I only told them that Adam was only playing me and that he is a huge, massive, ugly, jerk. I avoided Michael all weekend, even though I spent most of my Saturday at Mikayla's house. Everytime I saw Michael we stared at each other, like the world had stopped and we were the only two people in the world. It was difficult to explain, but it didn't feel bad. It felt kind of good. I deine the feeling though. It's one thing I don't get. Why people say they don't have feelings for someone when they do, and they try to stop it, when they know they can't.

Gabby and I sat at one of the booths as we talked. Something catches my eye. I see two couples walk in. They order icecream and the guys pay. Something about those girls seem familiar. One of them glances at me then talks to the guy with her and then the other two.

"Look, those girls look familiar," I say to Gabby. She glances in the direction I was looking in.

"They do. But, who knows," Gabby shrugs. We go on talking about things and our lives.

The next morning I see a text message from Mikayla before leaving my house. It's in a group chat. With me, Mikayla, Gabby, and Kailee.

Meet in the gym this morning be4 school -Mikayla

I head to the gym. It's empty. Accept for three other people. Gabby, Caleb, and Michael.