Ten Years Later...

Mikayla's POV:

I stare at the wall full of picture frames. I look at the one with Gavin and I smiling the day of graduation. It's been ten years since we graduated high school. I'm twenty eight, as well as Gavin. We were still really good friends with Kailee, Isaiah, Gabby, Caleb, Emily, and of course, my brother, Michael. I remember a couple of days after graduation, Gavin took me to the ally where Kailee and I would go to meet up with Isaiah and Gavin for our double dates. Then, he took me for icecream. We talked, and then he proposed to me. Of course I said yes. I look at the other pictures. There were picture of us and our best friends. And of course family pictures. I take a look at my phone. It was almost nine. I walk up the stairs to head to the matser bedroom. My father passed away five years ago, and he left the house to me, considering Michael and Emily were already living happly together. That's right. Emily is my sister-in-law. As I head to the master bedroom, I pass Mason's room. Mason is my four year old son. Inside, I see Mason and his dad (Gavin) playing together with blocks. I smile and continue walking. As soon as I reach my room, I change my clothes. I put black long sleeved cropped top and a pair of red high waisted shorts. I doesn't get really cold here during winter. I'm putting on my sandals when Gavin walks in.

"Hey, sunshine," he gives me a kiss on the forehead.

"Mommy!" Mason come running in.

"Hey, baby boy," I reply. Mason hugs my legs and I play with his dark brown hair. Then, the door bell rings. I pick up Mason. His mouth opens into an oval shape as he gasps. He does this every time the door bell rings. "Who's that?"

"I dunno," Mason says with a shrug. He was so cute.

"Gosh, you are so much like your dad," I tell him.

"Daddy changing," Mason points behind me.

I nod.

"Mikayla, Michael and Emily are here," Kristina yells from the bottom floor. She was forty eight now. I told her she didn't have to still work for us, but she insisted. She loves taking care of Mason and helping us out. Mason even thinks she's his grandmother. For sticking around, we have her a raise. Though, I still feel bad that she works for us, but she insists. I take Mason down stairs to greet his uncle, aunt, and cousins. Michael and Emily have two children. Liam and Abigail. Liam just turned five, while Abigal is still three. Emily is wearing black capris and a blue ruffled tank top. Michael has on a pair of jeans and a white t-shirt. We all great each other. Soon enough, Gavin comes down in jean shorts and a black t-shirt.

"Hey, I've got the fireworks in the garage, I'm gonna need your help setting them out," Gavin says and he and Michael walk to the garage.

Then, the door bell rings and Kailee and Isaiah walk in with their two children, Ava and Sophia. Sophia is five while Ava is four. The two girls went to join Mason, Liam, and Abigail in Mason's room to play. I see Isaiah in a green t-shirt and jean shorts. Kailee is wearing a dress that the very top was a jean like material and the rest is black and white stripes. It's a maternity dress, considering she's pregnant. Her stomach wasn't too big, considering this was only her fourth month.

"Hey," I greet. "Oh, Isaiah, Gavin and Michael are in the garage unloading firworks, could you help them?"

"Sure thing," Isaiah walks over to the garage.

"So did you find out?" Emily asks Kailee. "Is it a he or a she?"

"He," Kailee smiles. "They are hes."

"They?" I ask.

Kailee nods. "I'm having twins. They're both boys," she rubs her stomach.

"Does he know?" I ask her.

"Not yet. I haven't told him. I found out this morning. I was planning on telling him at midnight," we all chuckle.

"Okay then," I say. The door bell rings again and I let Gabby and Caleb in. They don't have children because they travel a lot. They've been to so many places, even they've lost count. Gabby is in a pair of white shorts and a light blue top. Caleb is wearing jeans with a blue and white t-shirt.

"Hola chicas," Gabby says.

"Hola," Emily replies.

"We came back from Mexico yesterday," Caleb says.

"Cool," Kailee says.

"Oh, Kailee. You're having another baby?" Gabby asks.

"Um..yes," Kailee replies.

"Guys, come on," Isaiah says. They all walk out, but I go up to Mason's room, where I see the kids already sleeping on blankets and pillows that are scattered acrossed the floor.

"Are you sure you want to watch over them?" I ask Kristina.

"Yes, now go have fun," Kristina says.

"Thanks, you're the best," I smile and join the others out front.

Michael starts the firworks just as I walk out. We all watch the fireworks, not only from us but from our neighbors as well. I smile. Then, we turn on the radio to play music. The song Remember The Time by Michael Jackson is playing.

"I'll go get the drinks," Gavin says. We sing along to the music as we light the fireworks. I walk over to Gavin's truck and grab the sparklers. I hand one to Kailee and two to Emily and Gabby. The fourth of us mess around with the sparklers as the guys set off more fireworks. Gavin comes back with soda. Can't have any alcohol with Kailee pregnant. We talked and laughed. Michael lights two big boxes of fireworks and we sit back and watch them. Gavin puts his arm around my waist. I look up at him and smile. He returns the smile. He leans in, but before his lips meet mine I place my finger in between.

"You're going to have to wait for midnight," I say with a smile.

"Ugh, fine," he kisses my forehead and we continue to watch the fireworks. Soon enough, it was almost midnight. We counted down with the radio.

"5...4...3...2...1! Happy New Year!" We all exclaim.

"Do I get that kiss, now?" Gavin asks facing me. I nod and his lips meet mine.

"I'm going to be a father to twins?" I hear Isaiah say. I pull away from Gavin. "Twins?" Isaiah asks.

Gavin gives me a questioning look. I nod.

"Is that a bad thing?" Kailee asks.

"No," Isaiah says. I can see a smile spread across his face. Kailee immediately perks up and kisses him.

"Happy New Year," I say to Gavin.

"Happy New Year," Gavin replies and he kisses me again.

I love this life. I love my son and my husband. I come to think that this all started with the slime at the masquerade dance. A really lame prank war. The whole rivalry with the 'good' girls and the 'bad' boys. Just like that, 'good' girls vs 'bad' boys turned into 'good' girls and 'bad' boys.