Our Tinniest Moment

Michael's POV:

I had Adam the thirty bucks he practically demanded. So here's the deal. Adam met Emily. He thought she was a nice girl, but he wasn't really into her. Though, he could tell she was into her. One thing no one knows about Adam, is that he's a major bad boy back in his home town. He heard of me through my sister and her best friend. He decided he wanted some fun. So, I told him how Emily made me lose Jem, so he came up with a plan. He planed the perfect prank all he had to do was lead Emily on for a while. He left me in charge of the prank. All I had to do was pay him thirty buck each date. I had money, so I went with it. Now, here I am, paying the all too gullible guy. Of course I was going to pull the prank on him as well. He's such a fake bad boy. The worst he can do is plan a scheme and play girls. Please.

"Thanks man," Adam accepts the money.

"She'll be so suprised, she'll stop pranking us," I say. I just wanted to win the small prank war. I've had enough of Mikayla and her goody-two-shoes friends trying to humiliate me and the guys.

"Oh, will I now?" Someone comes out from behind the wall.

Great, she was listening.

"Emily?" I ask.

"I can't believe you guys," her voice was shaking. Was she crying? "This is way over the line. Paying a guy to go in dates?"

"I'm going to go now," Adam says. As he makes his escape, Emily stops him.

"Not just yet," Emily punches him hard on the face from what I can see. It was sunset. He then runs away. See, total fake. "Now you." She walks closer to me.

"It was all his idea," I say. What, I panicked. At least I didbt run like a little girl. She punched him hard. I didn't think she could even hit someone.

"Yes, and you went along with him. Michael, of all the years I knew you, I knew you were shallow and low and have no soul," she paused.

"Why, thank you. Can I go now?" I give her my signiture bad boy smirk.

"No. I can not believe you could be such a jerk to stoop that low. Paying someone to mess with someone else for revenge. That is just incredibly sick," Emily says. She slapps me across the face, hard. Really hard! She has tears running down her face.

My stomach is twisting and turning. I've never had this feeling before. No matter how many girls I've made cry, I've never felt bad for them. Never ever! But she is different. She makes me feel...what's the word...guilty, upset that she is crying. What? "Emily-"

"No, I've never met a guy who goes out with so many so many girls just to make them feel bad. I'm sorry I'm not dealing with abandonment issues, that I need to make other girls feel abandoned so that I feel better. So, I hope you're happy, you just made another girl cry," Emily says, tears just pouring down her face.

I can not believe she just went there. "Well, I at least have one parent,"I retort coldly.

"Yes, you're right. My dad is dead and my mother works practically twenty four, seven," Emily says. She's crying harder.

"Emily-" I start but she cuts me off again.

"No, you're right. But at least I don't take it out on people," she says coldly through her tears.

Why do I feel so bad? She's doing something to me. I feel...nervous, guilty? What in the whole wide world? She turns around to walk away. With out thinking, I grab her arm.

"What?" Emily practically shouts at me.

"I'm... I'm sorry," I spit out.

"Oh, really? I'm sure you are. How long did it take you to rehurse that? Ten years?" Emily sounds mad and sad at the same time.

"No, I mean it. I'm sorry," I say.

"Really?" she looks at me intensely, as if she's trying to look right through me. I'm sure she is trying to see if I'm lying. And to be honest, I wasn't. This is different.

"I didn't mean for it to go this far," I say. Where were these words coming from? They are from my heart, instead of my brain.

"Yeah?" Emily asks.

"I didn't mean to make you cry."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, and you just want me to really say those two words that I don't normally say, don't you?" I ask her.

"Yeah," she gives me a small smile. It gave me a warm feeling.

"I'm sorry," I say.

"Why are you apologizing? You never apologize," Emily asks.

"Because," I put my hands in my pocket and shrug. She scowls at me. Why does she want me to tell the truth so bad? "Because... It was making me feel bad."

"Oh. But, you never feel bad," Emily says.

"Yeah, I'd rather not talk about it," I simply say, looking down at the floor.

"Michael, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that about you," Emily says. I look up at her.

"Nah, you were right," I simply shrug. I'm staring in her brown eyes and she staring into my blue ones. Her eyes actually look pretty once you look at them closely enough. They sparkle. We stay like that for a while. We then both smile.

"Um... I need to go," Emily says.

"Yeah, same," I say. She walks away and I'm left there for a few seconds. I watch her walk away and hear the sound of her car drive away. Then, I walk out of the ally. I need icecream. I order some Cookie Dough. After eating, I get on my motorcycle and ride my way home. I lay awake on my bed, just thinking. I think about Emily and what happened in the ally.

My alarm goes off. I had no sleep. I get out off bed and throw something on. I'm wearing a black shirt and kacky shorts. I place a pair of light blue Nikes on my feet, then head to school.

'Good' Girls Vs 'Bad' Boys [#Wattys2016]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें