Part 5

Vincent's P.O.V

By the time the girls were done with Angel, between the clothes, the hair, and the make up, she looked like a normal girl. She was even smiling at Sam and Mary Ann. I knew she would only get better with time. All we had to do was be there for her.

My brother had called while the girls had been busy, Angel had no family. It wasn't worried though, we could take care of her, we would be her family.

"Vincent!" I heard Angel yell my name from her new room we set up for her. I flitted into her room to see what was wrong.

"Are you okay?" I saw her standing in front of the open closet door, her mouth hanging open.
"Mary Ann and Sam, they filled it." She took a hold of my arm and led me into the walk in closet. They had definitely filled it. I noticed Sam had snuck in some black skinny Jeans and band Ts among Mary Ann's designer dresses and tan skirts. I wondered which style Angel liked more, but as I looked at her as she was gazing around in awe, I was sure he was just happy to have clothes.

"Aren't they all beautiful?" She asked as she ran her hands along all the clothes.
"You never had new clothes, didn't any of your other owners give you clothes?" I noticed that she seemed to be coming out of her shell and she wasn't as hesitant around me, and all in a few days.

She looked at me and I knew she could see my eyes color change, honey gold, she smiled at me.
"I'm glad you're happy." I said to her. I had a sudden realization that this was the first time I had someone to take care of and that was something completely new to me. Her smile wavered for a moment, and then it was back with full force.

"Thank you, I really like it here with all of you." She walked back through the closet and went to her bed, did a belly flop and somehow managed to flip over once more face up.

"So are you ready for dinner tonight? Luke is cooking his famous Alfredo chicken with pasta." I held my hand out to her and took it.
"I didn't know Luke could cook." She looked surprised, and her eyes widened.

"You'll see, he makes a big show of it." I smirked and led her out of her room, I led her down my stairs to the dining room. I had my own rooms for my friends and I, simply because my father wanted to keep us out of the way.

==============================================================

Angels P.O.V

"Prepare yourself! Magic is about to happen." Luke was wearing a 'Kiss-the-cook' apron, and holding a spatula. I couldn't help but snicker a little behind my hand.

"Ready Angel?" Sam took my hand and lead me from the dining room to the kitchen.
"Aren't we going to eat here?" I asked as we passed the table.
"We have seats in the kitchen, Luke likes to make a show of things." Mary Ann opened the kitchen door to a flaming show of Luke and three other people, probably vampires, chopping and sauteing away.

"Wow Luke, you seem to be really enthusiastic about cooking." Sam backed up a bit as a flame of fire flew in her direction.
"Don't judge, its my hobby." He said to her as he set a plate in front of her seat.

"Very impressive Luke." I said to him as he passed us in a whirl wind of cooking.
"Thank you Angel, that means a lot," He paused to look at Sam. "At least some people have manners." Sam rolled her eyes at him and everyone took their seats.

Everyone was so different, it was hard to remember that they were vampires, except when the waiter came over with about four bags of blood. I paused for a second to try and remind myself that theses vampires were different than the ones that I've known.