Part 9

Angels POV

"You want me to what?"
I didn't know how to process the question I had just been asked. I never even considered becoming anything, becoming more than a slave.
I was already so happy with my new family that I didn't even think about being a vampire. Freedom was one thing. But freedom in a vampire kingdom was a new concept.
"I know it's a lot to ask. And I wouldn't if I had another option. Honestly I would have courted you traditionally first before asking for your hand."
Vincent looked bashful. That was a new look. I hadn't ever seen him look that way before.
"I'll do it."
He started pacing.
"I know it's unexpected and you'll probably say no. But I need someone who I can trust. And they need to be of royal blood. If I'm the one to turn you then you'll be considered un-pure royal blood."
"I'll do it." I said it again.
"You don't need to... What?"
"I said I'll marry you."
He looked at me dumbfounded.
"Really? You would put up with me for the rest of your existence as a vampire?" He put his hand on his neck, and looked at me with disbelief.
"Yes. In case you didn't notice Vincent, I love you."
I had held the words back for so long they just spilled out of my mouth.
"You do?" His hands dropped and he took a small step forward.
"Yes." I took a small step forward as well. We were about half a foot apart.
"I didn't think you could. I'm a monster in your eyes." He slowly reached his hand out and touched my cheek, his fingers trailing down my neck to the base of my throat.
"You aren't a monster. Not to me. You're the first vampire, the first man, the first person, who ever treated me like... Well like a human." I reached my hand up to his, it was the first time I had really held his hand.
"Angel, I... I love you. May I kiss you?" He asked softy.
"Yes. You may." I replied.
Then suddenly his hands were holding my face and his fingers were in my hair and he was kissing me.
It was my first kiss but even then I knew it was amazing.
It was then I had the sudden realization that I wouldn't mind being a vampire if I was his.

====================================

Vincent's POV

"Sam, I want you and Mary Ann with her at all times. I have no doubt that once Fredric finds out about my plan he will try and kill Angel." I was having all of Angels things moved to the room adjacent to Mary Ann's room. They would have a double door that connected their rooms together. If they left the doors open they could easily talk from their own respective beds.
"No ones going to hurt her Vincent. I promise" Mary Ann put her arm around Angel and gave me her best murderous grin. I had no doubt that, when she wasn't with me, she would be well protected.  I also had ordered all the staff to keep an eye out for any unusual people.  Fredric wouldn't try anything himself.  Not the type to get his hands messy.
"Vincent, stop worrying. No one will touch her." Sam looked at me with utter certainty.
"Alright then. In the mean time I will be with the council hashing things out. Making sure that changing Angel will comply with all the fine print on vampiric law." I didn't want to take a chance that she wouldn't be considered a pure blood vampire.
"Vince. Everything will be just fine." Mary Ann was being her normal mothering self.

====================================
Angels POV

"So I got you a present. And I need you to not be scared of him." Sam was standing, more like jumping up and down in place, waiting for me to close my eyes.
"Okay, okay, I won't scream my head off." I smiled at her. I hadn't ever seen her this excited before. It was the best thing ever.
I closed my eyes and heard her open the door to my new room, and faintly the sound of padding feet.
"Okay," the door shut. "Open."
I did and saw the biggest black and grey dire wolf I had ever seen. Not that I really saw a lot but still the shock of it was very real.
"Who is this?" I asked unable to keep myself from being slightly terrified.
"This is Max," Sam said patting his head. "He is going to go with you everywhere. Oh and he can talk." She grinned even bigger.
"Hello. I'm Max. Nice to meet you." He sat and his mouth hung open in a Wolfy grin.
"Nice to meet you." I held my hand out and he placed his paw in it. It was typical of a golden retriever but not a dire wolf the size of my couch.
"So, he will be with you. He will follow you. He will watch you pee and shower. He had a witch cast a spell on him 20 years ago so he could talk. He's a Lunar wolf. There immortal and generally are vampire body guards but Max is very special. He's like the general of the entire pack." Sam was beaming with pride.
"Four star actually," Max tilted his head to the side. "You don't look very comfortable. Would it help if you pet me?" He closed his mouth and he genuinely looked concerned.
"No, it's okay, I've just never met a Wolf before, let alone one that could talk." I sat down on the foot of the bed and Max layer down next to my feet.
"Thank you Sam." I said to her. She sat next to me and rubbed my back.
"It's alright. I know how everything can get crazy sometimes. Max is just here for peace of mind. And don't let him fool you. He's very well trained and is like the navy seal of Wolves." Sam was rubbing my back and I took a deep breath. She was right. Everything was going to be fine. And in two weeks, there was going to be a vampire wedding.